Future of the Zoo

I know the looping group said they gonna invest in the zoo but really its been very limited since 2021 but I notice the license is up for renewal in 2025
10500229-A1C8-4876-9B4C-9A752DBD8D28.jpeg

Like they could easily move most the animals to the safari park or to their other parks if they feel Drayton would be better as just a theme park and hotel complex.

Like they could easily move most the animals to the safari park or to their other parks if they feel Drayton would be better as just a theme park and hotel complex.
I hope they keep the zoo. When I was younger, me and my family only went to Drayton Manor because of the zoo and the rides were really just a bonus. We did this because somewhere like Twycross Zoo would be £15 a person and £20 at Drayton (back in the day) so really you get all the rides for only an extra £5.

I hope they keep the zoo. When I was younger, me and my family only went to Drayton Manor because of the zoo and the rides were really just a bonus. We did this because somewhere like Twycross Zoo would be £15 a person and £20 at Drayton (back in the day) so really you get all the rides for only an extra £5.
My mum was the same we would go In an afternoon and pay to go round the zoo then at the end of the day buy tickets to ride a couple of rides. I do remember the dodgems were 4 tickets per car and me and sister fighting to get to the car 1st as that person drove. It was only really to they started adding Splash Canyon onwards my mum would buy us a wristband each as she still brought tickets for herself as she only went on Splash Canyon, Pirate Adventure, Jungle Cruise and the Jungle Palladium.
I think she last went when it was tickets roughly 1999/2000 with my Sister and 1 of her boyfriends then I passed my test that year and I don’t think she went again to roughly 2017/18 when I got my 1st Annual pass with my daughter and she used 1 of my friends and family passes.
The problem is annual pass holders have got time to visit the zoo as we usually go round it during the summer holidays as the park is busy but the general public who go only once a year don’t even think of visiting the zoo.

If you look at the investment the looping group put into there other uk parks.
Pleasurewood Hills has had the minimum as they really only see this as a visitor park for holiday makers.
West Midlands Safari Park since the looping group brought this in 2019 the Amusement park has remained the same with just the area been slowly landscaped and the rides re-themed and painted but a lot of money been spend on theses lodges, Animal enclosures and the Safari.
The looping group just like the Bryan’s see Thomas land as the main reason guests visit the park but unlike the Bryan’s they know when kids hit the 1.1m to 1.2m tall heights they out growth Thomas land rides and want more thrilling rides like the Bounty, Thor and Air Race. This coaster will really help bring more guests old and new to the park and in the next 10 years well the park can’t expand anymore so see the zoo going or even made smaller.

Just think of the expansion space!
Yeah they could easily fit 2 or maybe even 3 themed areas in there if they took use of the Pirate Adventure and Excalibur sites.
in the next 10 years well the park can’t expand anymore
Yeah I see your point there, I mean really there's only a certain amount of the car park they can take up for Thomas Land until it runs out of space and I have no idea where they would expand the the main park to rather than the zoo. Maybe we could see a new ride or 2 in Adventure Cove and Vikings in the next 5+ years but I think for now the Looping Group are mainly just working on filling out old spaces and theming.

Last edited:
I've just reread a piece from a year ago when it was talked that that zoo was going to have a lot more interactive and less traditional zoo features. I'm wondering with the removal of terrance and the exhibition whether this site is going to be earmarked for a walk through type attraction?

I've just reread a piece from a year ago when it was talked that that zoo was going to have a lot more interactive and less traditional zoo features. I'm wondering with the removal of terrance and the exhibition whether this site is going to be earmarked for a walk through type attraction?
All I know is that where Terences driving school and discover Thomas were will be a zoo expansion. I'm 97% sure. Maybe they might make the exhibition Building a new experience building with frogs snakes and all stuff like that. And then just extend the main zoo over Terences driving school.

They did originally have plans to put a small aquarium like they got at the Safari park in the building that use to house the indoor section of Dinosaurland so they could now decide to put it in the former Thomas Exhibition building.

They did originally have plans to put a small aquarium like they got at the Safari park in the building that use to house the indoor section of Dinosaurland so they could now decide to put it in the former Thomas Exhibition building.
Can anyone please show me a picture of where the old Dinosaur Land building was? Was it this?
TestImage.png

Can anyone please show me a picture of where the old Dinosaur Land building was? Was it this? View attachment 4570
The indoor section was here and I’m sure there all still in there now.
A69718DF-660F-4A4B-83D3-75E3E495DAE5.png

Pictures taken around 13 years ago

The original area

I think some of the models were taken out the building to be used in Dino Trail. The huge woolly mammoth is still inside the old building though. I remember having a conversation with zoo staff a few years ago and they said it would need to be lifted out the building with a crane because of how heavy it is, which would require the building to be dismantled. I’m fairly sure it’s condemned too so this would be a lot of work.

This is where u exit the indoor section of the building.
E8F74480-8F86-4382-A5B6-1A85CF7EF7AB.jpeg

That was the ice age section and only 1 of the dinos wasn’t moved to the new area, repaired and repainted them.

Any thoughts on what could go into the old Dinosaurland building? Could we see another dark ride in this building? I can't remember how big it is inside? Or do we think some other attraction could go in there?

As the park is open all year these days I think more indoor attractions is a good shout.

Any thoughts on what could go into the old Dinosaurland building? Could we see another dark ride in this building? I can't remember how big it is inside? Or do we think some other attraction could go in there?

As the park is open all year these days I think more indoor attractions is a good shout.
I'm sticking with the idea I have in my head for a fantasy creature expansion - think like fairys & Dragons, unicorns etc...
Would be kinda cool.

ooor... the more zoo style suggestion: Insect house or Aquarium

I can't see it being a ride. I liked it when it was dinosaurland.

Its an old building so may need a lot of repairs or rebuilding. Elise suggestion of something fantasy is good and be different. It would fit in well. I can't see anything happening in the near future.

I wonder if this triggers the end of the zoo. Their “main” animal gone and enclosure empty. All the other animals easily relocated to other zoos or WMSP and opens up space for development.

Does anyone go just for the zoo or is it just a nice bonus.

Back