Theme Parks & Tourist Attractions - Lost to time

Elise

Team Member
Team Member
We talk a lot on the forum about themeparks that are active and operating but lets take a moment to think about themeparks and other tourist attractions lost to time.

Such as Camelot, American Adventure and Crinkley Bottom (Blobbyland)

For me, I will always miss the Timewalk attraction which was part of the now closed Brewers Quay at Weymouth. This walkthrough experience led guests through a tale of history guided by cats through a range of fully immersive show scenes (Sights, sounds and even smells!). After the tale of history through Ms Paws' ancestors, guests were also shown the old brewery in the form of a tour there too.
Opening in 1990 and closing in 2010 it was one of the areas most popular visitor attractions and one I miss daily.

Share your old parks / memories here

Crinkley Bottom (Blobbyland)
I never knew there was a theme park based of Blobby. I only know of Blobby itself because people would say it was scary (I agree) so the fact they made a theme park off it is kind of crazy to me. Does anyone know why it shut down?

I never knew there was a theme park based off Blobby. I only know of Blobby itself because people would say it was scary (I agree) so the fact they made a theme park off it is kind of crazy to me. Does anyone know why it shut down?

Is short words Mr Blobby wasn’t big enough to keep the brand going over the whole of the 90’s.

Is short words Mr Blobby wasn’t big enough to keep the brand going over the whole of the 90’s.
Pretty much the above :) It was just dwindling popularity. I think there was also Noddy involved in this park if I remember right from some really old video footage I found. (Or he was at least at one of the parks for it)

It was left abandoned for ages but I believe it finally got demolished a few years back. Looks creepy both IN and OUT of operation though ( I think it looked scarier whilst actually operating!)

Pretty much the above :) It was just dwindling popularity. I think there was also Noddy involved in this park if I remember right from some really old video footage I found. (Or he was at least at one of the parks for it)

It was left abandoned for ages but I believe it finally got demolished a few years back. Looks creepy both IN and OUT of operation though ( I think it looked scarier whilst actually operating!)
A lot of the stuff ended up at Water mouth Castle.

I'm surprised Legoland don't have a zoo, surely they could've re-used parts of the Windsor Safari Park? (if it wasn't demolished by then)

I'm surprised Legoland don't have a zoo, surely they could've re-used parts of the Windsor Safari Park? (if it wasn't demolished by then)
I had to look into this as I didn't know about Windsor Safari park
Found an interesting article which explains where the animals all went:

Looks like they still have the terrapins hiding in the lake though so keep an eye out there.

I would guess they wanted a full Lego theme at the time so didn't want to consider keeping the zoo. I don't know if they'd ever consider one in future unless they could integrate lego with it like they did the aquarium on site.

Back