Questions and Answers

Hypothetical question, ignoring any plans, I saw somewhere that they planned to spend average £5 million per year, so if £25 million over the next 5 years, how would you spend the cash?

Hypothetical question, ignoring any plans, I saw somewhere that they planned to spend average £5 million per year, so if £25 million over the next 5 years, how would you spend the cash?
An excellent question to the thread. Here's what I would do:

Year 1 (2025) - Hire more staff, relocate Flying Dutchman to Vikings with a new theme, begin work on a reimagined version of Pirate Adventure + pirate area, and work to upgrade the zoo enclosures and the general area.

Year 2 (2026) - Replace the old garden centre and surrounding area (mainly trees) with splash pads + mini golf, filter + clean the Excalibur lake, and give all the currently existing areas general TLC.

Year 3 (2027) - Open reimagined version of Pirate Adventure + the new surrounding pirate area, install theming to the cleaned Excalibur lake, convert 'Lakeside Teashop' into the new Guest Services and knock down the Neptune's Amusements building to begin work on a new coaster in the former site.

Year 4 (2028) - Continue installing coaster track throughout the closed/open season and renovate the old Drayton Queen boat/have it run round the cleaned + themed Excalibur lake on a track which is now part of an experience called 'Treasure Quest' with a story line based around obtaining lost pirate treasure.

Year 5 (2029) - Open the new rollercoaster which is in the pirate area, paint any buildings that need doing so and focus on refining events throughout the year, with the use of guest feedback, to be the best they can be.

I've even made a handy little map so you know what I'm yapping about.
Feel free to have your own take on what was said here and tell me your thoughts on it!

My5YearPlan.png

Year 1 (2025) - Hire more staff, relocate Flying Dutchman to Vikings with a new theme, begin work on a reimagined version of Pirate Adventure + pirate area, and work to upgrade the zoo enclosures and the general area.

Year 2 (2026) - Replace the old garden centre and surrounding area (mainly trees) with splash pads + mini golf, filter + clean the Excalibur lake, and give all the currently existing areas general TLC.

Year 3 (2027) - Open reimagined version of Pirate Adventure + the new surrounding pirate area, install theming to the cleaned Excalibur lake, convert 'Lakeside Teashop' into the new Guest Services and knock down the Neptune's Amusements building to begin work on a new coaster in the former site.

Year 4 (2028) - Continue installing coaster track throughout the closed/open season and renovate the old Drayton Queen boat/have it run round the cleaned + themed Excalibur lake on a track which is now part of an experience called 'Treasure Quest' with a story line based around obtaining lost pirate treasure.

Year 5 (2029) - Open the new rollercoaster which is in the pirate area, paint any buildings that need doing so and focus on refining events throughout the year, with the use of guest feedback, to be the best they can be.

Feel free to have your own take on what was said here and tell me your thoughts on it!

View attachment 5649
Instead of demolishing Neptune's refreshments I'd retheme accelerater to a pirate themed ride but anyway back on to topic

View attachment 5649
Some great ideas here! Love the effort you put into this.

I've noticed that all reference to Bryans slot machines has been removed from the website. I can't remember it ever being open and giving the nod to the previous owners, has it officially closed now, does anyone know? TIA

I've noticed that all reference to Bryans slot machines has been removed from the website. I can't remember it ever being open and giving the nod to the previous owners, has it officially closed now, does anyone know? TIA
I think (if i remember right) the man who was maintaining them has retired and there was no plans for anyone to take it over :(

Which is an absoloute shame in my opinion. It was a lovely little attraction and being able to play on the old machines was really unique for a park to offer.

I think (if i remember right) the man who was maintaining them has retired and there was no plans for anyone to take it over :(

Which is an absoloute shame in my opinion. It was a lovely little attraction and being able to play on the old machines was really unique for a park to offer.
This. Especially if you want a family park this was something which really appealed to the grandparents and great grandparents.

Yes the 2 men who maintained the slot machines and the other equipment retired.
I hear there is talk of still adding a little Aquarium like they got at the Safari park and original it was gonna go into the former Dinosaurland building but that building needs so much work done to it but now they got this building and the former Thomas exhibition building that can be used to house this.
There use to be 1 in the education centre building.

Back