2023 Seasonal Event: Christmas Wonderland

Ollie

Christmas Wonderland​

Selected dates between 25th November - 31st December

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Make unforgettable festive memories for the whole family at Drayton Manor’s ALL NEW Christmas Wonderland.

The ultimate destination for family Christmas fun featuring ALL NEW festive shows and attractions, Thomas Land rides & shows, plus over 500 animals in our fantastic zoo.

Featuring:

• NEW: Wishmas Express - an illuminating light trail train journey
  • NEW: Enchanted Christmas Grotto
  • NEW: Rory's Christmas Party Show
  • NEW: Mrs. Claus' Christmas Spectacular End of Day Show
  • NEW: Mrs. Claus' Kitchen
  • NEW: Open late to make the most of magical Christmas evenings
  • Thomas Land rides & shows
  • Snowfall each day

I suspect that this year it will no longer be the magical christmas. Victoria hinted with TPW in the video that it will be something new this year and it seemed to suggest maybe a new name, I may be wrong. The website currently just suggests christmas but should find out more in next few days hopefully.

I suspect that this year it will no longer be the magical christmas. Victoria hinted with TPW in the video that it will be something new this year and it seemed to suggest maybe a new name, I may be wrong. The website currently just suggests christmas but should find out more in next few days hopefully.
If it is called something else I’m sure an admin can change the thread’s name.

On the topic of a different type of event for Christmas, I think a change of pace would be nice. Drayton seem to do the same stuff every year in terms of events, but this year we have had some new ones and some of them have actually been pretty good.

They currently constructing for the Halloween event inside the castle of dreams but goes to show it’s not been used since last December as there’s Christmas Decorations still up.
44C193B4-C224-42D5-B557-34CBD303D023.jpeg

I'd be surprised if they changed it significantly. Added to the offering may be.

Christmas is mainly about tradition and I'm guessing the offering has been refined and perfected over years

The visit to Father Christmas is really good, well organised and throughput is good. They change the crafty bit in the middle each year and thats about the level of change that folks want at this time of year.

Last year there was the gingerbread decoration. But it's diffiult to ass stuff when the weather isn't guaranteed and the light is reduced. There is limited indoor space and you need to keep that for all guests in case the weather is terrible.

That being said, the old exhibition building at the top of the park could become an Elves Workshop or something.

I wonder if we may see a mini ice rink created too. How popular was it on the dodgems a few years back?

We should be hearing details very soon! The park have started to tease with a clip of the man himself over on their social feeds :)

I've never visited for Christmas before so this year may be a first for us !

We should be hearing details very soon! The park have started to tease with a clip of the man himself over on their social feeds :)

I've never visited for Christmas before so this year may be a first for us !
Magical christmas was a great experience, particularly with the grotto experience. I would say the best event they have done and I believe a lot of parks have looked at this. The event this year will be new but keeping the good events. Last year, decorating gingerbread men and the show in the 4d cinema were good, plus pre santa experience of mrs claus story was good. Hoping for even better experience this year. We go on christmas eve and is a magical christmas experience, mind the pun.

My reason for not going in the past is because I don't have any children and the event is catered more toward children.

I might try and get over there to get some photos of the new decorations this time though :)

My reason for not going in the past is because I don't have any children and the event is catered more toward children.

I might try and get over there to get some photos of the new decorations this time though :)
I’ve gone the last couple of years and it has been great though when we first started going the santas grotto gift was a tree ornament for Thomas land and a chocolate haha

Well if you want to join a group to get an idea of what its like you are more than welcome to tag along with us.

Well if you want to join a group to get an idea of what its like you are more than welcome to tag along with us.
Aw thank you :)

I'll see what the announcements are before deciding if I will be there or not.
Would love something like maybe some christmas market stalls for the older visitors :) Though, I would never say no to meeting Santa :D !

I've only been for last couple of years but on old videos they had dodgems then ice skating. Hopefully they may incorporate some rides for adults. Let's hope.

And here we have the news!

Introducing Christmas Wonderland!
Featuring;
NEW: Wishmas Express - an illuminating light trail train ride
NEW: Enchanted Christmas Grotto
NEW: Rory's Christmas Party Show
✨NEW: Mrs. Claus' Christmas Spectacular End of Day Show
NEW: Mrs. Claus' Kitchen
Thomas Land rides & shows
❄️Daily snowfall

I feel it’s not as good as when the Bryan’s run it.
The entertainment was excellent with Santa arriving on the train and it ended with a sing a long and a 5 min firework show.
There was an ice rink and more rides available outside of Thomas land.
For Annual pass holders if u book now it’s £7 instead of £13 for the Santa experience and the Train ride is £5.

I never went under the Bryans, but did see more rides and the ice rink. It is a great event as the magical experience and one of the better christmas events. Hopefully there will be some new elements this year that will improve as mentioned by Elise above. We will be going to see what its like.

I’d like to see the ice rink back, luckily they have one at the Safari Park this year, albeit with a small upcharge, so will give that a go.

Back