Suggestions - For Improvement (About Drayton Manor)

Little Lad and I are having a holiday. Bit of a holiday of a lifetime to be honest. Don;t think this is the kind of thing we do regularly or ever. But we are visitng relatives in America and tying it in with a trip to (hopefully) see the total eclipse nest week.

Whilst here we have paid a visit to the Rush Funplex

Now this is an indoor centre. There are various sections and makes really good use of black light flor atmosphere and makes great use of available space. IT is big though but would provide a possibility of year round access, party venue as well as increasing both cashable purchases and private hire.

There is a massive foam pit, this also has a climbing wall, trampolines and trapeze. There was a go kart track which in the middle had a laser tag venue. There was adventure golf, small pool tables, bumper cars and a ten pin alley. As an investment it would be significant but the increase to the offering both in terms of range and the times it could be productive would be significant.

Itd also allow for (some) staff to be retained over the winter period

Today's stolen idea comes courtesy of Fritz's restaurant

This is a railway themed restaurant that will excite some board users as there is a Thomas on display.

Now this could be a real idea for the park. The set up is like a traditional american diner. You are shown to your table and then you order by a telephone which is in your booth. The food is despatched by a train which moves from the kitchen round a track towards the ceiling. The food is in a hogh sided tray which is despatched from the train and then is lwered to the table on a little hydraulic plate.

It actually has several advantages for the theme park market. It obviosuly has a gimmick which makes any premium pricing less of a deterrant. Also it means that waiting staff can focus on clearing tables and it speeds turnaround really quickly and there aren't loads of queues standing around with grumpy kids. The whole meal is an event in itself. Little lad was happy wearing his paper drivers hat, as were the surprising numbers of teenagers who really bought into the vibe.

The clever thing is that they have turned the automation and efficiency as a positive part of the whole experience. Something similar at the park would, I think, actually encourage people to attend the park in itself as well as purchase food / drink etc. It also encourages upselling, want some extra fries or onion rings? Pick the phone back up and get another choo choo making its way to your table.

Today's stolen idea comes courtesy of Fritz's restaurant

This is a railway themed restaurant that will excite some board users as there is a Thomas on display.

Now this could be a real idea for the park. The set up is like a traditional american diner. You are shown to your table and then you order by a telephone which is in your booth. The food is despatched by a train which moves from the kitchen round a track towards the ceiling. The food is in a hogh sided tray which is despatched from the train and then is lwered to the table on a little hydraulic plate.

It actually has several advantages for the theme park market. It obviosuly has a gimmick which makes any premium pricing less of a deterrant. Also it means that waiting staff can focus on clearing tables and it speeds turnaround really quickly and there aren't loads of queues standing around with grumpy kids. The whole meal is an event in itself. Little lad was happy wearing his paper drivers hat, as were the surprising numbers of teenagers who really bought into the vibe.

The clever thing is that they have turned the automation and efficiency as a positive part of the whole experience. Something similar at the park would, I think, actually encourage people to attend the park in itself as well as purchase food / drink etc. It also encourages upselling, want some extra fries or onion rings? Pick the phone back up and get another choo choo making its way to your table.
That sounds adorable! Definately can imagine this in thomasland!

20220416_155702.jpg

Must i say more?

But could Looping Group open Pirate Adventure back up? It’s literally a Pirate of the Caribbean Rip off from Disneyland. It won’t look too good for a big company like Looping
It would take a lot of work, the building is badly damaged and it isn't all that safe

It would be a long term, future project if anything :)
It will be worth the wait if they do it.

As long as they don't just fill it with screens... Give us animatronics and good themed scenes please...

A fancy dress day. £10 off a ticket if you come in fancy dress. They'd more than make up any "losses" by the uptake of on ride photos / parking / catering. Would probably go an absolute dream on the socials.
Would be cool ^^ and so much fun

But, accessories on rides - lots of "can you take that hat off' etc

The amount of times I get told to take my glasses off (I have them secured with a cable so they're fine when I point that out)

That's a really good point.

Still if folks were made aware in advance. As you mention it already had to be done for many small items. Folks would have to be made aware too about costumes need to be compliant with restraints etc.

Back