Wristband & Tickets

Dan_R

Does anyone else remember this system? I remember you was able to buy tickets to use on a per ride basis, bigger rides costing more. Or, you could buy a wristband, giving unlimited access to all the rides.

The wristbands were originally a type of plastic, before switching to a wax coated paper.

This all changed in 2004, or 2005, when the current main entrance down by Thomas Land was built and opened. There was an entrance there before, but it was the current one which opened either in 2004, or 2005. Along with this, the wristband system was gone and it was pay one price.

I want to say it was probably 2004, because I had a season pass for that season and I distinctly remember getting a barcoded season pass to use with the brand new turnstiles, my 2002 and 2003 passes just had my photo on which you used to show at the entrance. I had a staff pass for 2005, so never had a season pass, but distinctly remember a season pass having the barcode.

Does anyone else remember this? Or have more concrete information on the dates? I am certain that by 2005, the current system was fully into place, from a season or two before.

I always did the tickets as we knew the staff back in the day and they would give locals free tickets. But that was before this, probably the 1990s. The manor always used to support family and friends. Back in those days it was less of a thrill park. I still loved the python and Klondike Gold Mine. There were also a lot of gaps in the fence so people could get in without paying. Changed a lot in terms of tickets and season passes.

I remember when we originally went to Drayton Manor it was more about the Zoo as we spent so much time around there and my mum buying tickets for us to go on select rides. I do remember the bumper cars use to cost 4 tickets per car and me and my sister arguing who would drive.
My mum never brought a wristband for herself as the only things she would go on was pirate adventure x2, Splash canyon, Jungle Cruise and the Jungle palladium

My first (and until 2016 my only) visit to Drayton Manor was with a Sunday School excursion when I'd have been about 8. So early 80s. We had a wristband which was yellow.

Soon after my aunt was in hospital and she had something pretty similar on her wrist.

The only memories I really have was getting told off for chasing the ducks and going on the pirate ship. Although I'm not sure if the latter is even a real memory from Drayton.

Back