The Wave (formerly known as Shockwave)

So… The Wave. In terms of the ride, I really enjoyed it and it’s a massive improvement from Shockwave. Surprisingly the coaster stays smooth throughout, and is fairly comfortable to ride. However, I also agree with what most people are saying, which is that a second train is needed. The restraints also aren’t great, with ride ops having to push them down for people to avoid them breaking and-or being damaged.

The new theming for the ride is really good, the head-chopper billboard looks pretty neat and the surfboards and posters dotted around the station are really nice.

Unfortunately, the new pieces of theming and paint job are let down by the rest of the queue line - which is in quite a poor state. The best way I can describe it is that the decorators have done their job well, but the cleaners haven’t even turned up. The amount of cobwebs on the ceiling and windows, paired with old theming pieces which don’t match at all (random lanterns being the main one) really let down the rest of the ride.

Apart from that however, The Wave is great and the park have done a very good job (for the most part)

Reactions: Dan
I enjoyed this. Although the coaster is no smoother than it was before, the lack of anything to bash your head into gives the appearance of a smoother ride.

All the bumps and jolts are in exactly the same place as before. Having ridden the ride thousands of times they are seared into muscle memory. It is a big improvement for sure. But the thing is no smoother than it was. Even the mid loop jolts, something which used to be brutal on your head, still nocks you side to side like before.

That said, the ride is enjoyable now because the roughness is very tolerable due to your upper body being free.

Rode it on the 11th May, cant comment on the queue as ride access pass but I have to say it feels a lot more comfortable and you can see why they are advertising this as the uk most thrilling family coaster.

It’s broke down again on the bottom of the lift hill
FAB4DD7A-3F65-4267-A109-DC241C7D3D3F.jpeg
4F210509-0019-4B46-BE80-95AB5577F657.jpeg

Back