Bryan's Works

Harry

Located at the furthest end of the zoo by Tidmouth Hault station and Mrs Kyndley's Tea Rooms, the Bryan's Work building is open to public to come in and have a look at what is show. The building also includes some animations that you can activate by the exit where the model rocking horse is.

20/02/19

A closer look at some of the machines in this great attraction. This was one of the first times I'd experienced Bryan's Works and was very impressed, the amount of craftsmanship shown here is impressive. The addition of interactive elements and information about the machines is welcomed.

I always got the impression it was a personal thing of the Bryan's, was this the case or was it just my imagination.

I think it could still be a very popular attraction. If they want a family audience, I think this would be very attractive to the gramdparents taking kids.

I always got the impression it was a personal thing of the Bryan's, was this the case or was it just my imagination.

I think it could still be a very popular attraction. If they want a family audience, I think this would be very attractive to the gramdparents taking kids.
Trouble is , it was never advertised and when it was open , unless you was curious and peeked inside you wouldn’t know it was there as it’s a gloomy area

That’s no problem , it can be hard to miss as it just blend into the area so unless you actively search it’s easy enough to walk past.

It wouldn’t surprise me if looping decide to remove this attraction all together as when it has been open when I’ve visited on peak days , it’s never been busy from what I can tell. Of course that’s just my opinion but now in a society where you are asked to pretty much be contactless (outside of the arcades ) no one really carries pennies there fore rendering the machines towards extinction.

It wouldn’t surprise me if looping decide to remove this attraction all together as when it has been open when I’ve visited on peak days , it’s never been busy from what I can tell. Of course that’s just my opinion but now in a society where you are asked to pretty much be contactless (outside of the arcades ) no one really carries pennies there fore rendering the machines towards extinction.
Unless they do what LegoLand have started doing and accepting contactless payments. I think it’s actually a pretty good idea. You scan your card (£1.50) and choose the design you want using the wheel thing like you would on a normal machine.

I think you could use contactless payment in the Bryan's Works. Im sure I saw a contactless in there last time (on the desk where you could buy the tokens from the staff in there)

I do however think there is another reason to why it hasn't been open recently. The attraction was often manned by a single person who worked on the machines. From memory, the gentleman was quite old and I do not know if they were planning to train anyone else up to work on these machines / look after this area.

Its something to keep an eye on though. Its a lovely experience when open.

Back