Dodgems

Harry

DODGEMS
Step into the arena, take control of your own dodgem car, and race around as you try to avoid the chaos! This classic fairground ride is a permanent fixture at Drayton Manor Park, where guests can take the wheel and drive at full speed ahead. Jump into one of 23 cars, put your foot on the accelerator, and try to drive without bumping into anyone else - easier said than done!

Height Restrictions:
Minimum height of 1.2 and minimum age of 8 if accompanied by an adult.
Minimum height of 1.45m and minimum age of 12 if unaccompanied by an adult.

STATS
Dodgem Car Supplier:
I.E. Park / Soli Bumper Cars
Dodgem Track Supplier: Supercar
Cars Supplied: 26 XIXA Cars

Year of opening: 1986
Refurbished: Completed March 1992
Maximum Ride Capacity: 2 riders per car

DSC_0485.JPG

DSC_0488.JPG

DSC_0491.JPG

Last edited:
It was all covered by sheeting anyway during the Thomas and Friends weekends and it was still up on the 31st Oct. they really theming the walls so I doubt it’s temporary. Could add disco lights inside to go with the music. Would love to see some of the Pirate Adventure theming added in there.

I’m sure I saw somewhere that the dodgems were being used as a temporary home for the engineers as their workshop flooded earlier on in the year?
That is interesting where was the actual engineer area/building before the flood

I was looking on Behance and i saw the Senior Creative Designer Ross on here and there is an image that says dead mans dodgems and i am not sure if this was going to be used in the park but i found it interesting these were posted on the 13th of April 2018

Attachments

• dead mans dodgems 2.jpg
    dead mans dodgems 2.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 192
  • dead mans dodgems 3.jpg
    dead mans dodgems 3.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 199
  • dead mans dodgems.jpg
    dead mans dodgems.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 196
I don’t know what’s going on with the bumper cars but the 1 wall been taken out and looks like the ceiling been taken down was to hard to take pics but had a quick look in there and there was lighting, motors and restraints all over the floor.
D4BAFC6E-23C2-494D-AA33-51891C1A4FE1.jpeg

Back