Big Wheel

From memory it had quite a bit of downtime then just closed with no announcement. One of the staff told me while we were in the queue for Thomas it was going.

It's really sad news about M&D's because it's Scotland's main theme park and although their main coaster is rough like anything, I hope we don't end up with another Loudoun Castle!

Is that still got all the rides still in place? The administrations will do there best to try to find a buyer and giving them options how to Raise money to clear debts or maybe go again without the theme park section.

Is that still got all the rides still in place? The administrations will do there best to try to find a buyer and giving them options how to Raise money to clear debts or maybe go again without the theme park section.
Loudoun Castle still has a few rides sadly rotting away like the Plough for instance, however recently they managed to sell and refurbish Goldrush which was formerly 4 Man Bob at Alton Towers. I do hope that they can make it through but if they do have to sell their Magic Carpet, then I don't see why Drayton shouldn't rip out Test Track and put a nice proper ride for a replacement!

Loudoun Castle still has a few rides sadly rotting away like the Plough for instance, however recently they managed to sell and refurbish Goldrush which was formerly 4 Man Bob at Alton Towers. I do hope that they can make it through but if they do have to sell their Magic Carpet, then I don't see why Drayton shouldn't rip out Test Track and put a nice proper ride for a replacement!
But the last time Drayton brought a new attraction it cost £350000 with James and the red balloon and that price included the theming. Air Race was 1.2m

Very sad news about the demise of M&Ds, thoughts with the staff and all those involved with the business.

I agree, something like a Magic Carpet would be ideal for Drayton Manor, but I wouldn't like to see it on the former site of the big wheel, I think that Test Track makes them additional revenue on what is a basically unusable site with Pandemonium still standing. I'd like to see something like this added where G Force was.

I was thinking about this area as a whole, with perimeters being drawn at both Polperro Express crossings. With a retheme to some sort of ocean / weather / nautical theme, they could have an incredibly well themed family area. Thrill Rides - Shockwave, Air Race, Maelstrom. Family Rides - Stormforce 10 (arguably thrill), Splash Canyon (if it were to reopen). If they could use the G Force site to perhaps add a family flat ride and a couple of cheaper younger kids' rides, they could have a total family area. That balances the thrill and younger kids rides, something for the whole family.

Back