Exclusive 70th Anniversary Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the plans tomorrow. Dress code? Where we meeting? Is there any food or refreshments available? Do we just park on the car park on the right as you enter the park? Do we get to view the stuff before we bid on them?

Reactions: Dan
So what are the plans tomorrow. Dress code? Where we meeting? Is there any food or refreshments available? Do we just park on the car park on the right as you enter the park? Do we get to view the stuff before we bid on them?
Hello Andy!

There is no dress code for this event, you can wear whatever you like.

I’m not sure if there is food available, but a bar will be available throughout the evening that serves soft drinks and tea / coffee.

Yes, drive through the barriers and park on the top car park on the right, the Hamilton Suite is on the side of the building, facing the Hotel.

We presume items will be viewable before placing a bid, doors open at 6pm, with the auction starting at 7pm.

Please note that photography is not permitted.

Do u know what time roughly it will finish? As I got work at 7 on Monday. I wonder if many will bid on the the boats as getting them home will be the expensive bit. Do u know what will be on the stalls? Do u bid on his items or just paid the asking price?

Reactions: Dan
The auction will finish around 9:00-9:30pm tonight.

You’re right, I imagine those boats could cost an absolute fortune to move given their weight. It’d be great to see people purchase them and they go to loving homes.

Other than the names of the stalls, I am unsure as to what will be on them. You bid on the items with the asking price being the starting bid.

It was a pleasure to meet you, if you attended the auction!

It was a fabulous evening, with such a lovely atmosphere to help reminisce on some of Drayton Manor's rides from the past. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to meet new people and see some of the awesome auction items once again, as well as having the opportunity to purchase some items from the past.

I will upload some images of what I purchased in the coming days!

Where there more items than in the auction catalog? Did anyone buy any of the boats?

There were a few extra items added such as the original crypt grave of the Haunting, some Jungle Cruise emblems and a popular skellington.

The boats did not sell :( I was very tempted though (But space and actually getting one home...)

Turns out the jungle cruise masks were from Jungle Palladium after all, although if they were in Jungle Cruise they might have been there between late 80s and mid 90s period (after the end was revamped but by the time of Rory's JC the video shows no sign of them), or reused parts from Jungle Palladium! :)

There were a few extra items added such as the original crypt grave of the Haunting, some Jungle Cruise emblems and a popular skellington.

The boats did not sell :( I was very tempted though (But space and actually getting one home...)
Probably best I wasn’t there then. I’d have probably ended up buying one and being stuck trying to get it home!

They did say there’s lots of stuff just sitting in storage areas and if the management were happy it went well I can see them doing another few. I was also told at the auction they still got all the stuff for the chair lift. Maybe Colin doesn’t want to part with it yet as it was the 1st fixed attraction his parents added to the park.

They did say there’s lots of stuff just sitting in storage areas and if the management were happy it went well I can see them doing another few. I was also told at the auction they still got all the stuff for the chair lift. Maybe Colin doesn’t want to part with it yet as it was the 1st fixed attraction his parents added to the park.
I really hope they do, I would really like to own a piece of their history!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back