Log Flume

Harry

Opened to the public in March 1981, the Log Flume was a small Reverchon flume attraction that was located where Stormforce 10 is now. At the end of 1986 the Log Flume was extended to have a second drop introduced. When the Log Flume closed and was scrapped in 1998, parts from the flume were sold on to Flamingo Land for Klondike Kreek. The spare parts used helped the extension to Klondike Kreek in 1998 and until the ride closed in 2003.

I went to the final weekend of the log Flume been open. It closed on 31 August 1998 and the queues were big. I really miss this water ride the most as it got you wet but not soaked like Stormforce 10 does. Stormforce 10 is the best outdoor water ride in the UK but unless it’s boiling hot I keep away from it. I think this been removed was the start of the end of Action Park as the log flume, Splash Canyon, Shockwave, Black revolver and Klondike coaster with the toilets and food units all fitting in perfectly with the area. Even to the end of the 2004 season the areas really suited the rides and there theming.

What were the boats like for the Log Flume?
They were the classic style log boats where you straddled a centre seat, only the person at the back had a back rest. You had to like the people you were riding with as you would be forced up against them on the lift hills and drops!

Back