Stormforce 10

7F6E3082-800D-46DF-8E65-C4582FDEDF09.jpeg
DB7A4D4F-B14B-4891-9D21-8B8A58C35434.jpeg

Just a side note as it would require a lot of work but sorting the stink from the water would be nice. Last summer the water stunk my clothes out badly, didn't really notice until I was in the car and by god it was bad ? Definitely agree with fixing the fisherman at the 1st drop and his sound.

Just a side note as it would require a lot of work but sorting the stink from the water would be nice. Last summer the water stunk my clothes out badly, didn't really notice until I was in the car and by god it was bad ? Definitely agree with fixing the fisherman at the 1st drop and his sound.
Nothing they can do about the water. The water is used from the lake, just like what Splash Canyon used as well. The only rides that's used filtered water is Captain and Flynn. (No idea where the water for Pirate Adventure came from)

Nothing they can do about the water. The water is used from the lake, just like what Splash Canyon used as well. The only rides that's used filtered water is Captain and Flynn. (No idea where the water for Pirate Adventure came from)

I believe it all came from the same place (lake) but my god it is a bit stinky in the summer. The only way I guess is to have a dedicated fresh water source although I see that to be unlikely.

I believe it all came from the same place (lake) but my god it is a bit stinky in the summer. The only way I guess is to have a dedicated fresh water source although I see that to be unlikely.
A fresh water source technically could be used for the majority of the ride, however obviously not for the last drop splashdown section as that is connected directly to the lake. This would still never happen anyway because it would cost a lot of money for no return of investment at all. I personally don’t see Stormforce 10 lasting another 10 years at the park anyway.

I believe Pirate Adventure may have used lake water (unsure), but it was cleaned and filtered heavily with bromine, as you could smell in there.

A fresh water source technically could be used for the majority of the ride, however obviously not for the last drop splashdown section as that is connected directly to the lake. This would still never happen anyway because it would cost a lot of money for no return of investment at all. I personally don’t see Stormforce 10 lasting another 10 years at the park anyway.

I suppose you could build a concrete trough that would fit the last drops splash area although obviously the costs out-weight anything and as you say given the rides age seems very unlikely. Also if I remember correctly when or if Stormforce 10 goes. I'm pretty sure that new water rides now have to have a fresh water source or be chemically treated due to regulations that surround public health/attractions I believe.

With the Boats been 21 years old now they must be at the end of there life line so I can maybe see a retheme soon as the ride itself is in a good nick
I believe the boats did go to Severn Lamb for refurbishment not so long ago - I think the boats are good for the long run. I don't think a retheme would be on the cards unless they were bringing it into a themed area, Stormforce's Farmer Studios theming is really good - I hope they don't change it.

Photos from the Severn Lamb website.

refurbishment-repair-boat-ride-2.jpg
refurbishment-repair-boat-ride-1.jpg

Back