Stormforce 10

stormforce 10.jpg

Cherry picker descending underneath SF10.

Stormforce started testing yesterday at 4.20 pm. Makes me excited for this season. Love a good water flume. Sadly seen to be disappearing up and down the country but at least we have this beauty.

Attachments

• C591204B-F697-4638-AC64-16B57C295FE1.jpeg
    C591204B-F697-4638-AC64-16B57C295FE1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 100
  • 1BA461C1-E739-47EA-89FA-73A274F06165.jpeg
    1BA461C1-E739-47EA-89FA-73A274F06165.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Yeah, I agree about the lack of log flumes and the remaining ones closing across the country. At least I don't see this one going anywhere for a long time. Its very popular and think it fits into Loopings new direction nicely.

It was haing issues last season with water splashes tripping the photo-eye sensors, and doing hell to the block logic. I wonder if this is persisting, and if it has been an issue before.

I noted a couple of times today that the boats were not going round. When on the Polperro Express we spied some folks who were stuck at the base of one of the travellators. But I don't think anyone who wanted to go on it was denied by down time.

Went on Sunday to the park was going on pollpero but the train had to make an emergency stop as people from stormforce were Avcuated and had to leave by going over the tracks does anyone know what happened

Went on Sunday to the park was going on pollpero but the train had to make an emergency stop as people from stormforce were Avcuated and had to leave by going over the tracks does anyone know what happened
Sounds like it was just a standard breakdown evac procedure from what you're describing. Nothing to worry about :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if a video of the little preshow before the lifting boat drop exists? i vaguely remember the search and rescue person saying something whilst the flash light was on his face, was wondering the last time it worked.

As I visited yesterday , I do really think stormforce is on its last legs now . I’ve only been one other time this year back in April, and the ride kept having lift hill issues and lots of downtime . When visiting yesterday , the ride didn’t even open . Testing began in the morning and suddenly stopped throughout the day . I heard there was a leak on the last drop ? And around 4:30pm testing began again , just for people to be told after queuing for an hour they couldn’t be bothered to open it. With all these lift hill issues and the trough not even being much filled anymore , is this the downfall for stormforce ?

As I visited yesterday , I do really think stormforce is on its last legs now . I’ve only been one other time this year back in April, and the ride kept having lift hill issues and lots of downtime . When visiting yesterday , the ride didn’t even open . Testing began in the morning and suddenly stopped throughout the day . I heard there was a leak on the last drop ? And around 4:30pm testing began again , just for people to be told after queuing for an hour they couldn’t be bothered to open it. With all these lift hill issues and the trough not even being much filled anymore , is this the downfall for stormforce ?
Was pretty much the same last season?

i hope there’s plans for a new ride system soon , it’s definitely needed !
I’m sure it was all upgraded a couple of years ago… Stormforce has always been quite unreliable but it’s still a staple ride at Drayton and I personally think it’s got years left.

Back