River Rapids

The rapids must be getting some TLC as they even blocked off the entrance round the side.
6851241A-F6FC-43A7-A7DF-0736D48CB257.jpeg

I think this is just a very precautions measure to make sure no more accidents happen but I do agree with you that it is a bit unnecessary with all the other safety measures.
I can understand the minimum height restriction but what is the point of the 1.1m to 1.3m restriction if you can’t ride it without an adult to your 14.

That’s fantastic that they’ve lowered the height restriction. My little boy is going to be thrilled that he is going to be tall enough to go on which now opens up a big water ride for us. We visited today and the rapids was still closed. I wonder if it’s waiting on a part ? There was a section of the course which had been drained .

That’s fantastic that they’ve lowered the height restriction. My little boy is going to be thrilled that he is going to be tall enough to go on which now opens up a big water ride for us. We visited today and the rapids was still closed. I wonder if it’s waiting on a part ? There was a section of the course which had been drained .
I did hear Maintenance working in the control room and where the electrical cabinets are. They taken down the metal fencing around the entrance so it could reopen this week.

I’m going to remain hopeful , it would be nice to share this as a family first. I can imagine the natural water rides are hard to maintain.

I believe this is related to shockwave maintenance & repairs (based on what I read over on the "X" app)
That would explain as Shockwave station is above the turntable section and staff looked like they were working underneath. Could have just been a motor for 1 of the wheel had gone and needed a crane to remove the old 1 and put the new 1 in.

I think it's part of the rethink as Victoria said in theme park worldwides vid
Nope, it would be the maintenance (it had a pretty serious break down the other week where it was down for a good few days)

The rework won't start until the end of the season (as they are keeping Shockwave as it is for the remainder of the season for last chance to ride ✓)

Back