Unused Kiosks/Outlets

It's par for the course that there will be kiosks unused apart from the busiest days. But there are two fairly large outlets, the pie shop place and the one in Thonmas lad by Harold that I can't remember being open at all last year.

Has anyone heard any whispers as to whether they may be brought back into usage? You think even if they weren't going to be brought back into food usage they may be a decent venue for face painters. I quite like the ideal of pop up food stalls as well.

(btw if they are now used by face painters or pop up food stalls I expect 10%)

The pie shop by Harold was open during the Christmas event. I remember eating far too over priced pop corn and looking at the vegan options. From what I recall that’s supposed to be the vegan place to go to but outside of Christmas, I think it was closed most of the season. I wonder if it’s a staffing issue and moving staff around ? I feel like the ice cream parlour is mostly unused. I miss the old haunting shop that used to exist there. On my visits the ice cream parlour only seemed to open maybe 1 or 2 hours a day and remained with most of the seating fenced off.

I think the old chip shop is definitely on the demolition cards and I’d say the toilets could possibly go. But you are right , Drayton has so many unused shops and kiosk spaces. I remember from when I was a kid there used to be a shop selling rock outside the main entrance. From recollection I think this is now just storage.

I can't remember if it's still there last time we went (definitely was when it was still the buffalo) but there is/was an entrance kiosk at the end of the buffalo station (opposite end to the exit ramp and Photo Booth) that sold ride tickets and wristbands back in the day.
Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 09.12.48.png

I'm quite happy to be wrong ... as I do fail to notice things that are right in front of me at times ... but i don't think it is there any more. I only say this as it is a good viewing spot for the little one getting on to his horse and setting off on Slepinir and I don't remember there being any building there.

Was it open much ? I don’t really recall it being used other than the outside windows.
It was used last summer as I brought a breakfast roll from there with a coffee.

Yesterday the Chicken Diner and the cafe next to the 4D cinema was closed and the tea room at the zoo had limited offerings.
I really hope they put a heated outside area for the fish and chip shop as more people will go there in the cooler months.

The doors were open today to the old tea shop but not open for business. The hot food counters, tills & food prep areas are still in place so these might be used in the future or busier days in the summer (having said that, Bank Holiday Friday & it isn't exactly quiet here)
Given the locality and proximity to the new ride site may it possibly be getting a retheming to fit in alongside?

With new staff rooms been opened behind the scenes. I not seen any staff go into the staff room behind fun foods so I do wonder if the new area will have a food kiosk and they use the restaurant next to the haunting exit more and all that area will be removed for future expansion.

With new staff rooms been opened behind the scenes. I not seen any staff go into the staff room behind fun foods so I do wonder if the new area will have a food kiosk and they use the restaurant next to the haunting exit more and all that area will be removed for future expansion.
I think that this has been highlighted as an area for future development around the lake by the MD.

It has been open this season a few times when we have visited for the 2023 season. I haven’t seen the grill open however.
I think that could be the reason they only had it open a couple of times as many guests most have been asking for food that wasn’t available.
I do think Drayton must have a catering problem with staff as you think how many food and drink venues/counters there is around the whole park that is closed.
I miss the hotdog counter by Shockwave.

Back