April Event: 15 Years of Thomas Land

Elise

Team Member
Team Member
Thomas Land turns 15 in 2023 and what better way to celebrate than a big party?
From the 1st to the 30th of April you can join Thomas and all his friends in a celebration to mark 15 years since their arrival to the park.

The celebration is listed to include:
  • Birthday party balcony shows
  • Thomas & Friends character Easter hunt
  • Street entertainment
  • Party games throughout the day
  • Thomas all dressed up for a party
  • All set in a decorated Thomas Land
Will you be there? Do you have any fond memories of Thomas Land? Let us know!

We will be attending, my boy is obsessed with Thomas. Our favourite memory was actually having a tour inside Thomas (the working engine from the steam engine tours) and even having a photo inside Thomas. This was long before health and safety etc in the days where if you turned up before park opened , you was able to go inside of the tour engines for a cheap and cheery £10 haha.

Our favourite memory was actually having a tour inside Thomas (the working engine from the steam engine tours) and even having a photo inside Thomas. This was long before health and safety etc in the days where if you turned up before park opened , you was able to go inside of the tour engines for a cheap and cheery £10 haha.
Probably worth it for what you got, wouldn't mind paying £10 for that myself. Health and safety is a real bummer; so many things can't happen anymore because of it. Off topic a little bit, went to Cadbury World a few weeks ago and you didn't even get to see chocolate being made because of health and safety!

The trouble is health and safety has to be so strict because of the few that act silly. It’s such a shame. I remember growing up in the 90s watching cartoons such as looney toons, wacky racers etc and new not to copy Anything. Kids these days have warnings on the tv before hand stating do not try at home. Again with health and safety though the rise of social media and the presence it has affects day to day operations massively. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t get to experience the chocolate making however I do think candy world is doomed for failure. It’s been the same model for at least 20 years with very little change. Something needs to happen because at the minute it’s stagnant. Just like Drayton was but now you can see the improvements being invested.

We will be attending, my boy is obsessed with Thomas. Our favourite memory was actually having a tour inside Thomas (the working engine from the steam engine tours) and even having a photo inside Thomas. This was long before health and safety etc in the days where if you turned up before park opened , you was able to go inside of the tour engines for a cheap and cheery £10 haha.
That sounds cool! I didn't know they used to do that.
Its a shame they don't do it anymore :(

The birthday event sounds like it'll be a nice one. I quite enjoyed seeing the live shows the other month in ThomasLand, so the birthday shows should be fun
Also Thomas in a party hat? :D

As for Cadbury - I've made a forum spot for it if you want to keep the conversation going: https://www.draytontalk.co.uk/threads/352/

Had a cracking day at the park today, great weather in the afternoon and got in so many rides. Both kids got a new cred as well, daughter going on Accelerator (6 times) and son going on Jormungandr (3 times). Both of them loved seeing Rory, laughed at him on the carousel first thing. Looked at the new log flume and both are so excited for that to open. Well done with this event Drayton!

Was a beautiful days weather wasn't it?

Lovely to have a fully open park to explore again today. Was a bit worried first thing as our first time seeking to go on accelerator we reversed when we saw the queue when just entering the line. Was only a one cycle wait when we went back.

Went to the cinema to watch the exclusive Thomas film. My first sight of the new Thomas. The little lad watched it all the way through which is quite an achievement for someone with a relatively short attention span.

It seemed that the closing of the main Adventure Cove entrance made that area really quiet as Wave Swinger and Rapids were almost running with 50% spaces one our trips.

Didn't actually spend much time in ThomasLand. Given that it was open for Christmas and the events so far this year it was almost, for us, the place not to visit. We did notice when we went on Cranky a character hunt placard. Didn't see too much about this...did we miss something?

Thomas Land was really nicely decorated - the addition of the cake and Thomas' little party hat and decals were my personal favourites.

General atmosphere around the park was lovely, expecially over in Thomas Land. The new show over there was a lot of fun with a nice extra birthday touch to it.

I love seeing the characters in this area as they're always so full of life.
The weather yesterday was great & it wasn't overly busy so it was a pretty successful day with a few re-rides and of course plenty of photos / content created from my side.

This event is quite fun - I reccomend it for Thomas fans for sure.

We found our first and only merchandise to celebrate 15 years of Thomas land. I feel like the park have missed a big opportunity with this event.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75
And is the 15 years on the 30th of April too (that's when I'm going)
I’m not sure when Thomas land officially opened as I was classed as an older child when they closed robinsons land so we never did Thomas land (until I had a baby). If you go to guest services, they have Thomas letter hunt cards. You then head into Thomas land and they have picture cards of engines with a corresponding letter that you have to find on both sides of Thomas land. Once you complete the missing word , you take the quiz card into the big Thomas land shop and they give you sweets and a sticker.

Back