Accelerator

Harry

Along with Apocalypse and Maelstrom. I consider Accelerator to be the best investment that Drayton Manor has done since the early 2000's. Even though this is a family roller coaster, Project Rocket is still one of my favourite family coasters going and it was Vekoma's prototype that has worked and been received amazingly!

Opened in 2011 under the name Ben 10: Ultimate Mission, the 6 year licensing ended at the end of 2016 to become what is now know as Accelerator.

DSC_0338 [2].jpg

24/5/16

My daughter made a good point yesterday with the theming as the train looks nothing like a car. Maybe they could have rethemed the train as it looks like a themed building with old Ben 10 mixed in.

The green paint on the cars and track just looks completely out of place. I actually like what they’ve done with the queue line but the bright green just doesn’t go.

I'd like to see Accelerator have a repaint. Red train, Red track and black supports. That'll go nice with the theming and make the GP stop calling it Ben 10 (hopefully).

Could do with a repaint some point soon. Would be nice to see a new colour (as long as it's not orange).

29/07/19
DSC_0551.JPG

DSC_0552.JPG

Reactions: Dan
I think they should paint the track black, I think that would look really good.

Temporary sign outside of the entrance. Helpful indicator for guests who are queuing for the ride and don’t have an idea how long the wait is.

Hopefully some permanent signs will be placed along the queue at some point, as well as every other major and guest favourite attraction.

3E086AE2-FA40-486A-B27C-870D6565D888.jpeg

This is a great rollercoaster and considering it's replacement was quite small I would like to see something fitting in with it like a new ride marketed just between family and thrill. Hopefully it will be on the site of test track

I was really disappointed yesterday to see no maintenance on the queline had been done. It looked quite tired and some of the Ben 10 theming elements are showing through. Given how good the theming was in this ride it’s a shame it’s not being maintained.

The accelerator queueline is decent but needs some more lighting, air conditioning, and cleaning. The fans are quite dirty and everything is dusty, along with it being unnececarily dark.

The tv just before you go back outside needs replacing as that not worked since 2008. I think when it’s very busy they need some tablets put into the queueline so kids can design a car. Even information tv’s In every section explaining the testing processes needed to get a car ready for the road.

Back