2023 Seasonal Event: The Haunted Manor

Hay Bale Trail - Collect your sheet from guest services. Follow the trail to find the adorable hay bales (unfortunately one was a bit damaged when we found them) and collect your reward from the toy shop.
May I ask what prize you got from the Hay Bale Trail? (sorry if i didn't see it and it's in one of the photos)

We went there on Monday and although they was setting up for Halloween we found the same. I think it’s poor planning as they have purposely opened the whole park so in my eyes it’s a normal open day so the entertainment should be on. They used to have a rotation of people for each day they was open yet last Monday there was no characters to meet and greet and no Thomas show but like you said , they didn’t advertise that it wouldn’t be happening.

Stopped in today to check out some of the activities - no shows today (but nothing advertising that they weren't happening which caused some guest confusion) however we did the hay bale trail and trick or treat trails

Trick or treat- £5 (but you can use annual pass discount).
You get to choose an adorable bucket and then make your way to 5 stops around the park where you are able to collect treats. As mentioned above the majority give you 6 sweets. It was very lovely to do however I didnt see many doing this as it wasn't greatly advertised. Lots of fun even for us older kids.

(Pretty good value too when you compare the price of the swizzels bags in the sweet shop)

Hay Bale Trail - Collect your sheet from guest services. Follow the trail to find the adorable hay bales (unfortunately one was a bit damaged when we found them) and collect your reward from the toy shop. They provided a pencil this time (no pencil when we did Viking festival)

It's a lovely event with lots of pumpkins - shame about no entertainment today but with it being midweek (and very quiet) it makes sense. But wish they'd have advertised it as a few people were confused waiting.
We had the same confusion when we wanted to watch the Rory show at 1pm & 3pm. What we didn't realise is that the show is in the 4D theatre! We know for next weekend now

We had the same confusion when we wanted to watch the Rory show at 1pm & 3pm. What we didn't realise is that the show is in the 4D theatre! We know for next weekend now
The shows weren't in there either today :( we tried the doors but the theater was closed & lights were off with no one home

For those that have attended the day time Halloween event please could you advise if it seems worth taking children too? My child is 6 but I’m in to minds whether to take him some where else for Halloween. Please. Could i have your opinions.
Thankyou :)

For those that have attended the day time Halloween event please could you advise if it seems worth taking children too? My child is 6 but I’m in to minds whether to take him some where else for Halloween. Please. Could i have your opinions.
Thankyou :)
I don't have any children but I thought it was nice. The treat trail & hay trail were both enjoyable for me.

Can't comment on the entertainment as there was none on when we went. (But assume the same as other events)

If they like Drayton then I would say its a good one - If they're not too fussed, maybe somewhere else.

I loved Rory show today but use of the 4D special effects
D3BF5856-2A20-4E32-8A46-EEB86AF53B31.jpeg
A68B6129-D62F-4FA4-BCCE-7C911718032D.jpeg
22716F32-798E-44B9-A1A1-664BF3759116.jpeg
FE2876B2-F088-43D3-AD83-C9F206FB3F39.jpeg

By the photo above it looks like they’ve replaced the screen. Last time we visited and it was open you could see the tail imprint from where one of the dinosaurs from the march or April events had hit the screen

went to Rory’s boo bash show today, when we went a couple of weeks ago they were using the 4D effects really well - air blast, water, chair moves and bubbles. Today - nothing. Was much better with the effects for sure!

went to Rory’s boo bash show today, when we went a couple of weeks ago they were using the 4D effects really well - air blast, water, chair moves and bubbles. Today - nothing. Was much better with the effects for sure!
We went to this yesterday and all the affects where working.

Back