Future Thomas Land Expansion

I'm really stuck onto whether Thomas Land will be themed into AEG or not to be honest.

I think it will be, as I said somewhere before about renewing the contract with Mattel, they would probably want all the rides to be AEG. But the reason I'm stuck is because a lot of the characters featured in Thomas Land are not in this new form, and although the rides could potentially use different characters in AEG, that would require a lot of money and work.
Well I think they will make it even. All characters in aeg what have rides there except Thomas percy n Rosie engine tours will be Rethemed to aeg ones what are not in aeg will stay Same. For models like James and the characters round Harold's heli-tours will not change as it would be to expensive to change them when kids won't know different. The reason Thomas percy and Rosie engine tours won't change is firstly Rosie isn't in the show meaning it would look weird putting aeg percy n Thomas next to a CGI Rosie. Secondly aeg Thomas and percy have a ride in Thomas land(submarine splash) and third it would cost to much to have brand new working models of em to made

And it has to work for both companys mattel can say u are making Thomas land aeg but Drayton can say no because it wouldn't work for them because Drayton own Thomas land mattel own the brand they need permission from mattel for new
rides but they can't tell them what do with the park. But if it got serious they would just take the licensing off

And it has to work for both companys mattel can say u are making Thomas land aeg but Drayton can say no because it wouldn't work for them because Drayton own Thomas land mattel own the brand they need permission from mattel for new
rides but they can't tell them what do with the park. But if it got serious they would just take the licensing off

if Mattel request it, they would have to agree with it in order to keep the IP deal.
Drayton own the park - but Mattel own Thomas so would get the final say.

Parks & attractions cannot stray or go "offbrand" - For example, warwick castle cannot change their Horrible Histories maze for seasonal events due to their agreements.

[However, note that I do not know the precise details of the Mattel / Drayton agreement and do not have any qualifications or full knowledge in IP rights & Agreements]

if Mattel request it, they would have to agree with it in order to keep the IP deal.
Drayton own the park - but Mattel own Thomas so would get the final say.

Parks & attractions cannot stray or go "offbrand" - For example, warwick castle cannot change their Horrible Histories maze for seasonal events due to their agreements.

[However, note that I do not know the precise details of the Mattel / Drayton agreement and do not have any qualifications or full knowledge in IP rights & Agreements]
I mean Drayton could say no to Mattel but you would see a new addition to Thomas Land - bulldozers! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The thing is, The ride characters are just fibreglass shells. Fibreglass is really quite cheap now, and redecking all the rides, and a few new signs is all they need. It is absolutely not out the realms of financial possibility. Mattel could absoutely force this to occur quite reasonably.

The thing is, The ride characters are just fibreglass shells. Fibreglass is really quite cheap now, and redecking all the rides, and a few new signs is all they need. It is absolutely not out the realms of financial possibility. Mattel could absoutely force this to occur quite reasonably.
It won't happen at all

Again, this isn't just park managements decision. This is down to Mattel and if they decide down the line they want a AEG retheme, then this will take place.

I think this has gone on long enough. Lets leave it at "If it happens, it does. If it doesn't, it doesn't."
This is just going around in circles otherwise.

It’s like Harold his got his own ride but his also featured on the new ride. With 2 different themes. If they don’t update him to look like the new version then they won’t update any of the other rides. Also in the next 5 years Thomas and Friends cartoon could be changed again.

It’s like Harold his got his own ride but his also featured on the new ride. With 2 different themes. If they don’t update him to look like the new version then they won’t update any of the other rides. Also in the next 5 years Thomas and Friends cartoon could be changed again.
Yes. And with the look of the state of the new show it isn't going well

ok now let me talk. Basically I have gone back about 100 steps.

I think they won’t retheme every ride. There could be an expansion at one point. But it’s almost 80% that the rides won’t be rethemed. I may be completely wrong. But.

First off, All Engines Go could end after 2025. As All Engines Go is advertised for preschoolers due to learning abcs etc. So that could JUST be like a preschoolers cocomelon kind of Thomas And Friends.
C45FFEF1-5DD2-4AFC-9FC7-FFD537ED7EB1.jpeg

Carrying on to above, All Engines Go is NOT Canon, so it could just be a preschoolers version of thomas and friends.
56439180-2C80-4F8F-9B8F-9EE807B70B06.jpeg

So, the CGI Thomas and Friends COULD return from 2025. Im going too in depth with this

So this means I think that the existing non AEG rides will stay as non aeg. But, i’m not ignoring the fact that there still could be an AEG Land possibly on that car park.

I went way to much in depth with this. i’m a thomas enthusiast

Please reply with your thoughts!

I think they won’t retheme every ride. There could be an expansion at one point. But it’s almost 80% that the rides won’t be rethemed. I may be completely wrong. But.

First off, All Engines Go could end after 2025. As All Engines Go is advertised for preschoolers due to learning abcs etc. So that could JUST be like a preschoolers cocomelon kind of Thomas And Friends.
View attachment 4828
Carrying on to above, All Engines Go is NOT Canon, so it could just be a preschoolers version of thomas and friends.View attachment 4829
So, the CGI Thomas and Friends COULD return from 2025. Im going too in depth with this

So this means I think that the existing non AEG rides will stay as non aeg. But, i’m not ignoring the fact that there still could be an AEG Land possibly on that car park.

Yessss thank you I 100% agree with this that's what I've been saying all along

View attachment 4828
Carrying on to above, All Engines Go is NOT Canon, so it could just be a preschoolers version of thomas and friends.View attachment 4829

I do remember hearing somewhere that the CGI series could return sometime in the future. I hope they do bring it back, along with the annual movie they used to bring out each year.

Back