Future Thomas Land Expansion

True, very true. I guess it just goes round the staff team. But take everything with a pinch of salt.

It has to be a new section. My calculsions are it will cost 9
10mil to re theme there hole park. That's alot of money for Drayton to use. But what they gunna do with diesel loco mayhem ladys carasel captains sea adventure Flynn fire rescue and Jerramys flying academy non of them are in AEG and they wouldn't just scrap the rides because theres themed buildings around em. For example sodor airport and the toilets in the 2015 extension that would cost 5 mil to destroy all that. And how do yk the fat controller well when he's not real? Do u mean the worker who plays him? And it would cost so much to retheme Thomas percy to AEG God knows what theyed do to rosie!!! In to tell thats 20 mil to retheme it's that almost all dmr money so Therefore it can't be possible

It has to be a new section. My calculsions are it will cost 9
10mil to re theme there hole park. That's alot of money for Drayton to use. But what they gunna do with diesel loco mayhem ladys carasel captains sea adventure Flynn fire rescue and Jerramys flying academy non of them are in AEG and they wouldn't just scrap the rides because theres themed buildings around em. For example sodor airport and the toilets in the 2015 extension that would cost 5 mil to destroy all that. And how do yk the fat controller well when he's not real? Do u mean the worker who plays him? And it would cost so much to retheme Thomas percy to AEG God knows what theyed do to rosie!!! In to tell thats 20 mil to retheme it's that almost all dmr money so Therefore it can't be possible
It wouldn’t cost anywhere near that much to do. For example Bulstrode, Toby, Cranky, Trucks, Harold and Terence are all in AEG, realistically all they need do is update the faces and change the height board to match Submarine Splash, and there you go 6 AEG themed rides without a huge expense or revamp.

It wouldn’t cost anywhere near that much to do. For example Bulstrode, Toby, Cranky, Trucks, Harold and Terence are all in AEG, realistically all they need do is update the faces and change the height board to match Submarine Splash, and there you go 6 AEG themed rides without a huge expense or revamp.
Good point. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen

Space is the now the biggest problem for Thomas land as except the former Terence area there isn’t any more spare land in the main park.
I may get shot down for this but since the looping group has invested so much money in Adventure Cove, Vikings and the new area with Thomas land been 15 years old now the rides that were installed back then look run down with the building needing repainting. I do wonder if the looping group will renew the IP in 2028 if they got to re theme all the rides into the new style without really out extra income. They really need a major Thomas coaster and it could be themed off this toy
EC9D269A-1105-4381-940B-1C8976391AB9.png

It could have a mixer of indoor and outdoor scenes.

Space is the now the biggest problem for Thomas land as except the former Terence area there isn’t any more spare land in the main park.
I may get shot down for this but since the looping group has invested so much money in Adventure Cove, Vikings and the new area with Thomas land been 15 years old now the rides that were installed back then look run down with the building needing repainting. I do wonder if the looping group will renew the IP in 2028 if they got to re theme all the rides into the new style without really out extra income. They really need a major Thomas coaster and it could be themed off this toy
View attachment 4733
Like a roller coaster hmmm. The spare area for Terence does look like it will ne lost to time soon if Terence doesn't move. There's always the parking at the back of sodor airport the could use

View attachment 4733
That would be nice and Mattel would be pleased for some free advertising.

You sort of have to think of the cost and reward.
Not going to shoot you down. Too much respect for you, your insight and you are pretty much right about most things.

I think there is going to have to be some serious thought given to cost versus reward. Just how popular will the AEG version be?

If there is a 4 year gap before the renewal of the IP you have to sort of see what kind of draw Thomas is going to be in the future. It is at the moment a strong brand with decades of good will behind it. So it appeals to kids, parents and grand parents. But if this AEG incarnation heralds the "Scrappy Doo" phase of the franchise then whats the benefit in spending big now to weaken the product?

Not going to shoot you down. Too much respect for you, your insight and you are pretty much right about most things.

I think there is going to have to be some serious thought given to cost versus reward. Just how popular will the AEG version be?

If there is a 4 year gap before the renewal of the IP you have to sort of see what kind of draw Thomas is going to be in the future. It is at the moment a strong brand with decades of good will behind it. So it appeals to kids, parents and grand parents. But if this AEG incarnation heralds the "Scrappy Doo" phase of the franchise then whats the benefit in spending big now to weaken the product?
I don't think Drayton want to change it to AEG, but considering how they will need to renew their contract with Mattel in 2028 (?) that will probably mean everything will have to be this new version of Thomas.

Also you asked 'just how popular will the AEG version be?' but I think the real question is just how unpopular will the AEG version be.

It will not be popular at all if it's changed. But what 2-7 year olds gunna notice anyway
I don't think Drayton want to change it to AEG, but considering how they will need to renew their contract with Mattel in 2028 (?) that will probably mean everything will have to be this new version of Thomas.

Also you asked 'just how popular will the AEG version be?' but I think the real question is just how unpopular will the AEG version be.
I think that Bulstrode cranky Harold Toby will be themed to aeg. They can't rlly retheme the hole of Thomas land due to most ride themed characters not been in aeg

It will not be popular at all if it's changed. But what 2-7 year olds gunna notice anyway
I think that Bulstrode cranky Harold Toby will be themed to aeg. They can't rlly retheme the hole of Thomas land due to most ride themed characters not been in aeg
But with the rides been 20 years old would be a good excuse to remove them and replace with new aeg characters.
I always feel the original side of Thomas land isn’t as popular as the 2015 expansion.
Thomas was the reason the Bryan’s started to only invest in Thomas Land as really the only new attractions they added after 2008 was the 4D cinema, Ben 10 coaster and Air race but removed the Black Revolver, Excalibur, pirate adventure SBNO, chair lift, Big wheel, Splash Canyon SNBO, Drayton Queen and G force.

But with the rides been 20 years old would be a good excuse to remove them and replace with new aeg characters.
I always feel the original side of Thomas land isn’t as popular as the 2015 expansion.
Thomas was the reason the Bryan’s started to only invest in Thomas Land as really the only new attractions they added after 2008 was the 4D cinema, Ben 10 coaster and Air race but removed the Black Revolver, Excalibur, pirate adventure SBNO, chair lift, Big wheel, Splash Canyon SNBO, Drayton Queen and G force.

My thought is characters in aeg that have a ride in Thomas land will be changed to aeg

It wouldn’t be hard to put new faces on the fronts of the vehicles as what you got to remember there standard rides underneath with Thomas theming over the top.

I'm really stuck onto whether Thomas Land will be themed into AEG or not to be honest.

I think it will be, as I said somewhere before about renewing the contract with Mattel, they would probably want all the rides to be AEG. But the reason I'm stuck is because a lot of the characters featured in Thomas Land are not in this new form, and although the rides could potentially use different characters in AEG, that would require a lot of money and work.

Back