September: Viking Festival

Elise

Team Member
Team Member
Saturdays from the 9th til the 30th of September are for Vikings at the park as the Viking Festival is upon us!

"Do you have what it takes to earn your place as a true Viking warrior? Raise your horns and get ready to party like a Viking god in Walhalla as the ultimate Viking celebration comes to Drayton Manor at this brand-new event. This September, the Viking clans have taken over as they show off their fiery skills, put you through your paces, and bring the party!"

The event will host a range of Viking themed activities and entertainment during the days including:
- Fire Performers
- Live DJ
- Rory's Viking Show
- Street Entertainers
- Valiant Vikings Trail (Activity Trail! Vikings Trail cards can be collected from Vikings Shop or Toy Shop.)

The event will mostly take place between Vikings and the event stage by Accelerator.
(Fire & Street entertainers around Vikings, DJ and Rory show on stage)

Will you be joining the Vikings this September?
I'm hoping to be onsite for the 9th.

I notice that they have removed all references to late night riding and the opening hours seem to be showing closing at 6 rather than 9 previously. I suspect that summer nights has not been as successful as they hoped. Hopefully 2024 plans will include later opening. There have been some great events this year and no other park in uk has opened till 9 during the summer to the best of my knowledge expect maybe at the coast.

Original post on 4th February on facebook page

Raise your horns at the ultimate Vikings festival!
️

1f525.png
Fire performers
1f941.png
Viking drummers
1f3a2.png
Late night riding
1f37b.png
Themed food & drink - think beer tents!
1f64c.png
Plus much more

I notice that they have removed all references to late night riding and the opening hours seem to be showing closing at 6 rather than 9 previously. I suspect that summer nights has not been as successful as they hoped. Hopefully 2024 plans will include later opening. There have been some great events this year and no other park in uk has opened till 9 during the summer to the best of my knowledge expect maybe at the coast.

Original post on 4th February on facebook page

Raise your horns at the ultimate Vikings festival!
️

1f525.png
Fire performers
1f941.png
Viking drummers
1f3a2.png
Late night riding
1f37b.png
Themed food & drink - think beer tents!
1f64c.png
Plus much more
The drummers have also been removed from the website I notice

I wonder if we will get the themed food and drink

Late night riding would have been nice :( shame to see that one removed.

yes, especially as it would have been actually dark!

Altogether now....Walk around like Viking...stomp your feet like a viking...RRRROOOOOAAAAARRRRRR!
Please I need that version of the song to happen (and Rory hugs. I always need Rory hugs!)

Rory's Viking outfit is one of our favourite ones to see around the park. The lil helmet is too cute.

I wonder with the late night opening is to do with the lack of staff.
If you remember staff have worked late on a Saturday and Sunday since the 1st of July. Even with 6pm closing I bet some staff still don’t get home much before 8.

I wonder with the late night opening is to do with the lack of staff.
If you remember staff have worked late on a Saturday and Sunday since the 1st of July. Even with 6pm closing I bet some staff still don’t get home much before 8.
They probably take the Vikings status and put em in offices so they can go home. Then next morning there sacked.

Team DraytonTalk will be on site today for the Vikings Festival!

Be sure to check our Instagram/Twitter/Facebook for posts & updates throughout the day!

Team DraytonTalk will be on site today for the Vikings Festival!

Be sure to check our Instagram/Twitter/Facebook for posts & updates throughout the day!
We are on site too :) I did notice that the first Viking Rory show was run a half hour late today but it was a brilliant show .

We are on site too :) I did notice that the first Viking Rory show was run a half hour late today but it was a brilliant show .
The timings have changed (as they were clashing)

1.30 and 3.30 are the times for the other two Rory shows today ✓

Can’t understand if it’s only on a Saturday why is it only open to 6pm?
How’s the entertainment?
I don't know unfortunately Would have loved it to be open later today though.

The entertainment is pretty great
Rory's back with a Viking themed dance party (full of puns and stuff!) It's really fun ☺️

Roaming Vikings were fun (but I didn't get long interactions as we were usually interacting in passing) quick on the mind on comments.

The fire show was awesome Brilliant performance with a range of fire skills on display. Some very impressive fireballs too. (But would have been really good in the dark!!)

And plenty of opportunities to meet and greet after

Attachments

• PXL_20230909_141408560.jpg
    PXL_20230909_141408560.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 69
  • PXL_20230909_125522423.jpg
    PXL_20230909_125522423.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 77
I don't know unfortunately Would have loved it to be open later today though.

The entertainment is pretty great
Rory's back with a Viking themed dance party (full of puns and stuff!) It's really fun ☺️

Roaming Vikings were fun (but I didn't get long interactions as we were usually interacting in passing) quick on the mind on comments.

The fire show was awesome Brilliant performance with a range of fire skills on display. Some very impressive fireballs too. (But would have been really good in the dark!!)

And plenty of opportunities to meet and greet after
The actors are always very good at doing what they do and I have never seen one out of character. Nice report, I hope I'll be able to attend this event however I'm not sure unfortunately.

The actors are always very good at doing what they do and I have never seen one out of character. Nice report, I hope I'll be able to attend this event however I'm not sure unfortunately.
They're incredible They were all incredibly popular today and were doing really well in the heat too.

Same goes for the Thomas Land trio who were doing their usual balcony shows. I finally got to meet them properly today too ^^ great characters!

Back