September: Viking Festival

Haha yes . I loved the Vikings festival and whilst the timings had been a teething issue , I feel if they bring this event back next year , it will certainly be bigger and better. All of the actors and performers did amazing especially coping in the heat yesterday. It was lovely to see the bbq pit open , though I’m a little disappointed they no longer offer a vegetarian option as when it first opened you could get either a meat or vegetarian hot dog but now they’ve removed that option. Did anyone who attended yesterday see any themed food ? We didn’t go looking as little man had his heart set on pizza. We ended our day in the Viking shop and purchased the hat with the beard. I’d be curious to see how much profit the park make from that shop as the majority of items are price marked at 19.99 and up and families who are watching what they are spending simply won’t have that kind of money per child. We loved the sticker at the end of the trail and the Rory show was amazing. Best one yet for us.

Haha yes . I loved the Vikings festival and whilst the timings had been a teething issue , I feel if they bring this event back next year , it will certainly be bigger and better. All of the actors and performers did amazing especially coping in the heat yesterday. It was lovely to see the bbq pit open , though I’m a little disappointed they no longer offer a vegetarian option as when it first opened you could get either a meat or vegetarian hot dog but now they’ve removed that option. Did anyone who attended yesterday see any themed food ? We didn’t go looking as little man had his heart set on pizza. We ended our day in the Viking shop and purchased the hat with the beard. I’d be curious to see how much profit the park make from that shop as the majority of items are price marked at 19.99 and up and families who are watching what they are spending simply won’t have that kind of money per child. We loved the sticker at the end of the trail and the Rory show was amazing. Best one yet for us.
We didn't see any Viking themed food/drink for the event however the summer nights themed slush/ice-cream drink was still on offer :)

I loved the fire show but without that show you wouldn’t think there was an event going on.
F4FD42BC-435D-42F0-89B5-41EAFD91DBAA.jpeg
94D5FD92-EFC3-4176-86B6-795D889C6817.jpeg
BBC4EB24-9A49-4025-8DE7-9411258A2530.jpeg
0B250E51-950F-4CB7-B7A4-C7678DBD7DAE.jpeg
EC6E027D-B835-478F-990B-AE37BF3AFF24.jpeg
F42A6EC3-E2FD-41C4-AC0F-63D7379147F9.jpeg
E779E3A2-ADD7-49D4-8FA4-E57A439E8ABF.jpeg
1BF1A89E-2795-49E1-AD2A-0D9B9AFFACB8.jpeg
803437BA-37ED-48C6-B9D8-926E72D7D01D.jpeg
BBFCC90F-91EC-440F-A268-0277989F67BC.jpeg

They didn’t seem to advertise the Viking trail - but you could find letters around the Viking area to win a sticker. Also there were a few Vikings walking around the rest of the park.

They didn’t seem to advertise the Viking trail - but you could find letters around the Viking area to win a sticker. Also there were a few Vikings walking around the rest of the park.
I forgot about the trail wasn’t sure where to get the card from and we didn’t look for the letter. Yeah the 2 Vikings and Rory are there at the park everyday so that didn’t make much difference to the event.
Just feel the last 2 events haven’t been thought out that much and I think the lack of staff hasn’t helped that.

I forgot about the trail wasn’t sure where to get the card from and we didn’t look for the letter. Yeah the 2 Vikings and Rory are there at the park everyday so that didn’t make much difference to the event.
Just feel the last 2 events haven’t been thought out that much and I think the lack of staff hasn’t helped that.
When they are doing trail cards , you get them at the entrances. The gate staff usually have them. I do agree though the fire eaters was amazing but it felt like a side event. It didn’t feel well thought out but hopefully the park will take that on board and improve should the event return.

The staff when we asked at the toy shop didn't know about the trail. They called around and sent us to the Vikings entrance to get the cards. (Bring your own pen!) The website said the toy shop or Vikings shop would have the cards (but when the guy called the Vikings shop they also didn't know...)

The fire performers were awesome but I think they'd look even cooler at night time (shame the event timing was cut)

Does feel like the event needs... more? Somehow.

Customer services are also giving the stickers out. I feel like a stage show where you train to become Vikings would fit in. Sorta like what they did at the Dino event where they invited children into the stage , this would certainly add to the experience. The Rory show is good but I think have a live interaction show where children are invited to train to become real life Vikings would be a good experience that adds to it.

My Viking reeanctment group does "kiddy vike" where they let the kids have toy swords/shields and fight real Vikings (the kids always win!)

Something like that would be great

We “found” one of the trail cards in the luggage basket at Thor - but when we collected our prize in the Viking shop, there were lots on the counter.

My daughter was a bit disappointed that the prize was a sticker - as previous trails had been Haribo!

Also we couldn’t find one of the letters - it it was obvious once we had the rest of the answers.

We “found” one of the trail cards in the luggage basket at Thor - but when we collected our prize in the Viking shop, there were lots on the counter.

My daughter was a bit disappointed that the prize was a sticker - as previous trails had been Haribo!

Also we couldn’t find one of the letters - it it was obvious once we had the rest of the answers.
Out of interest, which one was missing? (We couldn't find one of them either and we're in the same boat)

When we collected our prize from customer services, the lady was like "you do know it's just a sticker. Right?' (Personally,I love stickers but do think a sweet or something extra would have made it a little more special expecially for the young Vikings)

It was the 2nd one, can’t remember where it was supposed to be. There’s one on the fence by Walhalla but I think there’s meant to be another one by Slepinir that I couldn’t find.

Back