2024: General Discussion

I think they need to have more Rory things as he was the main draw to the park in the 80’s and 90’s with his own ride and show.
Can say he's gone back in time
Time machine link with The Haunting / frontier falls / vikings - all varied time periods?
:D Bad suggestion, but it could work...

He'll grow on me. I'm a sucker for a cute mascot anyway.
Lory is precious <3 Can't wait to meet her

• Haha
Reactions: Dan
Rory has had an all new look and Lory, Rory's sister has been introduced to the park!

I think they're cute but very different to the current Rory.
what do you think?

Not too keen on it

Rory has had an all new look and Lory, Rory's sister has been introduced to the park!

I think they're cute but very different to the current Rory.
what do you think?

I really don't like that design at all... for both characters honestly. They look too cartoony and honestly a bit uncanny.

From a management point of view I can see where the park are coming from - most obviously that Rory is meant to appeal to boys and Lory to girls, slightly expanding the demographic. This will probably also halve queues for photos with the characters as people with most likely want a photo with one or the other character. There is also the possibility of the park being able to create more diverse shows around each character, as a pose to just having Rory do the majority of them.

Done! I did nominate Drayton Talk so good luck everyone involved!

Nominated Drayton Manor for a few categories including best theme park, family & toddler park. I also had to nominate Pirate Adventure for most missed attraction as this is my most missed ride EVER ANYWHERE & perhaps getting that back in the public domain may make them think about a long term replacement for it!

thank you for nominating the team <3 We're a small group but we do our best to provide the best news , updates and content for everyone and to run this lovely community too <3

The Annual UK Theme Park Awards are open for Nominations!

Please consider a nomination for Drayton Manor (And DraytonTalk if you feel kind )

I have also nominated Drayton Talk for content creator, and Drayton Manor for the ones that seem reasonable. For example, you can't really say they have the best social media team when they left this year...

Looks like people on twitter have finally spotted the AI art used in The Hauntings queue...

The Park even replied and denied it was AI Generated... its pretty obvious that it is though.

Deleted a few posts to reduce confusion on this one regarding the account on X/Twitter.
To confirm, the account that has made the tweet is not the real John Wardley, this is just someones X username :)

Personally, I don't support the usage of AI in this case.

Deleted a few posts to reduce confusion on this one regarding the account on X/Twitter.
To confirm, the account that has made the tweet is not the real John Wardley, this is just someones X username :)

Personally, I don't support the usage of AI in this case.
AI is not good, but clearly the way forward for many industries / sectors. We will have to live with it going forward sadly. This is why my social media usage is limited. Don't touch Instagram and twitter for this very reason.

Looks like people on twitter have finally spotted the AI art used in The Hauntings queue...

The Park even replied and denied it was AI Generated... its pretty obvious that it is though.
Very obvious that they are all AI generated, especially The Haunting's one. The Roman numerals on the bottom left of the clock are completely wrong.

Definitely don't agree with these being AI, they look pretty bad, the park has been lazy, and they could have gone to a skilled artist to get them done - who would've done much better.

Back