2024: General Discussion

Great idea!! :ROFLMAO:

Ok, well I hope that the park (sorry resort) stick with some of the things that they have tried this year which may not have been the roaring successes that they may have hoped.

Things such as evening riding, zoo only days etc can really give the park (sorry resort) a different persepctive to different audiences. Word of mouth and personal recommendations are critical in this regard and it will be interesting to see if these aspects can grow.

Oh and there is the new coaster....how exciting.

We are excited to see how they convert shockwave and remain interesting aspects considering the track layout is short and simple.
I agree I am interested to see what will happen to Shockwave. I don't really know how good the new aspects will be considering the fact the ride's layout will stay the same.

The idea of what the new Terences driving school will look like is one of my 2024 hopes and this is a weird one but I hope they will make an all engines go land in the zoo/disabled access car park so they could have the original 1984-2020 Thomas and friends still there for the adult fans and original Thomas kids and an all engines go land for the new Thomas fans and I have a few AEG ride ideas....

The idea of what the new Terences driving school will look like is one of my 2024 hopes and this is a weird one but I hope they will make an all engines go land in the zoo/disabled access car park so they could have the original 1984-2020 Thomas and friends still there for the adult fans and original Thomas kids and an all engines go land for the new Thomas fans and I have a few AEG ride ideas....
My family personally rely on that car park due to being disabled/ in wheelchairs. So i would like to keep that.

My family personally rely on that car park due to being disabled/ in wheelchairs. So i would like to keep that.
Screenshot_20231226_233433_WhatsApp.jpg

This is the disability access (blue) and the rest is normal land I believe (red)

Reactions: Dan
They can’t built on that land as that’s green belt land and that’s the zoo only days car park.
Technically they can depending on what they build as where Vikings is now originally that was classed as green belt land and that was authorised for development. I think the future looks bright for Drayton. 2024 is going to be the biggest year yet.

Technically they can depending on what they build as where Vikings is now originally that was classed as green belt land and that was authorised for development. I think the future looks bright for Drayton. 2024 is going to be the biggest year yet.
Shockwave retheme, New themed area with a coaster. Could we also see another ride in that themed area? Future is looking bright.

Without a doubt the biggest investment year in perhaps the history of Drayton Manor Park (Resort). I do not think any other year has seen such large scale changes in investment in a single year.

It is a big one for Drayton Manor!

I would like to see a similar host of events return for 2024 :) there was some great ones in 2023 (Some could use expanding on mind you)

I've noticed that the ride page has removed The haunting, sheriffs showdown and drunken barrels. Assume they are updating the pages with details of changes for the new season. Looks like they will as expected be included in the new area.

I've noticed that the ride page has removed The haunting, sheriffs showdown and drunken barrels. Assume they are updating the pages with details of changes for the new season. Looks like they will as expected be included in the new area.
They all could be getting new ride names for the 2024 season.

Back