2024 Event Predictions

Elise

Team Member
Team Member
So far, we don't know what 2024 has in store for events. (other than mentions of the return of Dinosaur Breakout!)
This got me thinking..

From what we know so far, it sounds like Dinosaur Breakout will return over the February half term. I think this is a brilliant move. Partly because I love Dinosaurs and partly because it was a pretty good event for the half term period. If it returns this year it may have slight changes to it but I don't think it needed much more as it was quite solid to me.

What events do you think we will see in 2024?

Personally, I'd like to see Fiestaval & Vikings Festival return.

So far, we don't know what 2024 has in store for events. (other than mentions of the return of Dinosaur Breakout!)
This got me thinking..

From what we know so far, it sounds like Dinosaur Breakout will return over the February half term. I think this is a brilliant move. Partly because I love Dinosaurs and partly because it was a pretty good event for the half term period. If it returns this year it may have slight changes to it but I don't think it needed much more as it was quite solid to me.

What events do you think we will see in 2024?

Personally, I'd like to see Fiestaval & Vikings Festival return.
My favourites were the coronation street party, 15 birthday party and both annual Halloween and Christmas.

I thought the dinosaur and fiestaval were very good. Hopefully they will do something for the summer holidays. The christmas event was particularly good too.

The Christmas event was the best for me. Really enjoyed some of the shows and the actors were brilliant. I hope they do the same thing this year perhaps with slight changes.

I wasn’t a big fan of Vikings festival , although the fire show was amazing , there wasn’t really anything else going on.

The Night at the Manor was nearly there last year. Hopefully they will have it down pat this year. Dinosaur breakout was amazingly popular, and they got the same people to do a thing at WMSP, so good value for money. Fiesteval was a good idea, likely to be repeated.

The Dinosaur breakout was the stand out for me last year. There will need to be a few changes as some of the buildings used to house the dinosaurs now have other uses.

The western theme is a must really, but there is the danger of potential over runs on construction so when would you schedule it? There are masses of food opportunities on such an event.

I'm sort of hoping the early events aren't that good as the little lad will be away at half term and we'll also be away at Easter!!

Just occurred to me though, how odd that they rethemed the buffalo when it will now be next to a wild west area!

Unfortunately as I didn't do a full visit for NATM and missed the Christmas event I couldn't include those on my list (Maybe this year eh! Schedules conflicted...)

Agreed - Viking Festival needs a little improvement should it return. Loved the fire show but would have been 100 times cooler in the dark.
I think the events of last year with improvements would be a great list for this year (Obviously, Coronation Street Party and Thomas' birthday would need to be replaced with alternative events as they were for specific milestones )

I think they should have less events than last year but make them bigger and longer.
I’m sure they will have an event for Shockwave re theme as it may have a new theme and trains but the track itself will be 30 years old.

I don't think there will be a shockwave event (an opening day sort of thing maybe - but I would say that would be overshadowed almost by the new coaster which would also need one)

I think they might do an easter event coinciding with the opening of the 're-imaginated shockwave' given that easter is end of march assuming it will be ready. Looking forward to the events. A lot of effort was put into them last year. Be good to see some live acts again this year. A western event as you suggest would be great!

Easter is always a good idea for an event :) Good time before the season fully starts too.

Something big to celebrate the new area/ride opening would be awesome for sure. Lot of potential for it

Fiestaval will probably return
and if we are talking events to do with the areas - vikings festival 2.0

I wonder if the stage will be gone and all the live entertainment will be in the Drayton Theatre.
An outdoor stage is a good idea - especially in that square as there isn't really... a lot there otherwise.
Perfect for the dancing and stuff too. (And if they have their DJ return too)

But the theater will also be a good location to use, especially as it doesn't look like another 4d film is coming for some time
(I think the wonder of 4D cinemas has been lost now personally)
Better for any weather too

I think the stage is good for music events so hope they keep it. The Thomas film was good, but needed updating. Hope they keep the cinema element for short films even if not 4d.

Hopefully it can be a versatile theatre, but the need a few show areas. There has been a suggestion somewhere of the new area potentially having actors doing wild west things. Could be good to follow the example of larger parks such as disneyland and have acts throughout the day. Similar to Thomasland.

I think it all depends how long the Thomas 4D license was for as original it was brought for the 2020 by the former owners but cause they went bust and with the government not allowing them to open indoor attractions it run for 3 years. The looping group may not see the 4D cinema been part of their future and the reason it was named as the Drayton Theatre.
The stage outside really needs to be made bigger and more permanent.

I think it all depends how long the Thomas 4D license was for as original it was brought for the 2020 by the former owners but cause they went bust and with the government not allowing them to open indoor attractions it run for 3 years. The looping group may not see the 4D cinema been part of their future and the reason it was named as the Drayton Theatre.
The stage outside really needs to be made bigger and more permanent.
Indeed.

I think we may see the outdoor stage again this season - but I do think they need a better event square sort of thing.
The temporary ribbon style safety barriers used in 2023 events were not very... appealing. (Think back to the fire show / circus show)

Back