Passholder Day - March 17th

Will you be at the Passholder day?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Glorious weather all day, most rides on throughout the day with no queues. All in all a great day!

New area looks good but needs coaster open to finish it off. Barrells, they have probably re-themed as much as they could but it still don’t scream Western. Thought the Road Runner show was poorer than Bubbling Boilers for how the effects work but glad the movie has changed.

Saw the Drayton Talk group in Rapids queue but my little girl was too shy to go and say thank you for the magnets she won in a competition last year!

She hit 1.2 for first time so was straight on Thor and absolutely loved it!

Agree on the Barrells. They have got full value out of the Danger Explosives stencil thats for sure. The smoke on the outside adds something but inside it needs something more. Maybe making use of the central spindle for something. Can't help but think they missed a trick in not using a Saloon theme. Still time to add more.

Disagree on the 4D show. Thought it was really good, little lad loved it. It's not quite like the old cartoons in terms of style and set pieces but the linkages to the effects lights, seats, wind and water yeah...impressed. They've stuck in carpet too.

Arrived just about 3 and was able to ride on everything that was open outside of ThomasLand in an hour and a half. Great day. And there is The Wave, the new coaster and stormforce 10 to add to this offering. Looks good.

Had a good day - minimal queues and pretty good operations.

We got stuck on the Haunting ride for 15 mins with the room half “upside down”. Speakers weren’t working well - but good to still see Dr X back.

The buffalo was only being half filled due to some issues.

Sheriff showdown had new effects, new bonuses and new sounds which was good to see. Although later in the afternoon 2 vehicles collided and we had to walk off through the ride, which my daughter liked.

Disappointed with barrels, the music is a bit short and needs tieing to the ride a bit more. Some lights and smoke inside would be good.

Also the new area needed some characters or something - it looks nice, but felt a bit underwhelming. Anyone who travels just for the new area at the moment will be v disappointed.

Definitely a good way to help with staff training and make pssholders feel a bit special.

I think the area will be good, but in ideal world would be full area at same time, but the park would have lost three rides to do that.

Drunken barrels is a good ride. It has been enhanced and I like the burning smell. Smoke adds effect. A stick of dynamite in the centre would be good.

Having two six year olds dragging me on accelerator four times, drunken barrels twice and then various other rides. Doesn't make you feel good after 40 years of the manor lol

Hope to see something in the retail offer. Think the new area needs something further but it's still work in progress. It makes sense having the three rides and theatre open plus tweaks to accelerator outside.

It's clear to see that parks like Drayton manor are making other parks up their game. The future is extremely bright. Hopefully phase two of the new area will up the game. And potentially third phase three next year on accelerator and flying Dutchman site.

Sheriff showdown was good, just problem with scoreboard as I didn't win lol it's a great ride and no significant changes were required.

Across the park some significant improvement.

Looking forward to a great year.

I think we will see more next week in terms of added theming. Rory let us know that he is dressing up like a cow boy next week with a new show ;)

Glorious weather all day, most rides on throughout the day with no queues. All in all a great day!

New area looks good but needs coaster open to finish it off. Barrells, they have probably re-themed as much as they could but it still don’t scream Western. Thought the Road Runner show was poorer than Bubbling Boilers for how the effects work but glad the movie has changed.

Saw the Drayton Talk group in Rapids queue but my little girl was too shy to go and say thank you for the magnets she won in a competition last year!

She hit 1.2 for first time so was straight on Thor and absolutely loved it!
awww No need to be shy! (But I totally get being shy Really glad to hear she loved the magnets!)

--

The team had a great day :) it was nice and easy to get around and there was a lot to see.

The new area is great - when they officially open it, the area will come alive fully.
Barrels feel faster and more fun but agree the soundtrack is too short and it's lacking...effects and stuff (like a sound to signal the ride start...) - I didn't see any smoke when we were over there either.

To see a bit more about the day, check out the video we made for the day;

Also, a huge thank you to everyone who came over to say hello to us today and/or take photos with us it was absolutely lovely to meet you all!

In the Hautning, on the first ride of the day, the show lights were not working, and me and the poor operator spent most of the thing fumbling around in darkness, before we had to give up and maint were called. Certainly added to the atmosphere though. I really enjoyed the day overall, and it was a great gesture from Drayton. Frontier falls looks great, but Blasting Barrels needs something, as inside it just looks like a really plain version of drunken barrels. Some paint, posters on the blank wails, blast residue, something corresponding to the blast on the wall out side, adn a few more songs in that flipping loop would go a long way for visual immersion and not driving you mad!

Little man loved the barrels: we didn’t see smoke like on the advertised video so I’m assuming this will be turned on next week? I think for kids the song is great. It’s catchy and to us the barrels seemed faster.

Little man loved the barrels: we didn’t see smoke like on the advertised video so I’m assuming this will be turned on next week? I think for kids the song is great. It’s catchy and to us the barrels seemed faster.
Apparently there was smoke but we didn't see it either.

Someone on YouTube mentioned there was smoke in there and we thought we saw some when we were over by vikings.

Just bad timing potentially...?

Apparently there was smoke but we didn't see it either.

Someone on YouTube mentioned there was smoke in there and we thought we saw some when we were over by vikings.

Just bad timing potentially...?
It was our first ride of the day. We have ocd and have to start with top end in a downwards pattern because I refused to wait more than half hour tops for our favourite mad house. When little man is with me we try to be as fast as possible. Gutted it was on. We are tempted to go back on Saturday to see if anything is different.

Smoke is from the barrells on the outside of the building, its pretty difficult to see when on the inside.

I don't know if there is the chance of adding the noise of a fuse under the audio and an explosion (or at least a pop)

Smoke is from the barrells on the outside of the building, its pretty difficult to see when on the inside.

I don't know if there is the chance of adding the noise of a fuse under the audio and an explosion (or at least a pop)
Didn't even see it there ^^' Maybe we will get lucky later.

A sort of noise would be ideal...

As an area preview, it was nice - wonder what changes will be there on the 24th - e.g audio and actors

Back