James & The Red Balloon

I think there moving him a bit more closer to the airport due to submarine splash
I doubt it. Even if they needed to move the whole ride a just by a little bit they wouldn't. It would be a waste of money and too much work to move the entire ride.

I think there moving him a bit more closer to the airport due to submarine splash
They won't be moving the ride, expecially not mid season.

More likely maintenance issues or waiting on a new part. (Common occurrence in recent months)

It’s not in a good state
E2A9F02C-1541-41DE-BE24-221617EE7408.jpeg
95B9F6CD-A68F-470A-95BC-88BBD0BC25FC.jpeg
7B61E274-DC71-4244-8227-71F8AE64091B.jpeg

I wonder if James and the red balloon is being removed from Drayton Manor. Prior to the unexpected fire in the Thomas Land a Tea Cup Ride was going to be added. I’m anticipating that Drayton have revived these plans and will be installing the Tea Cup Ride in the location currently engaged by James and the red balloon. Despite being one of the newer rides in Thomas Land it’s also the most unreliable. From a financial perspective it would be beneficial to replace the ride. The money saved by removing James and the red balloon could be spent on next years new Rollercoaster and the theoretical reopening of Pirate Adventure.

I wonder if James and the red balloon is being removed from Drayton Manor. Prior to the unexpected fire in the Thomas Land a Tea Cup Ride was going to be added. I’m anticipating that Drayton have revived these plans and will be installing the Tea Cup Ride in the location currently engaged by James and the red balloon. Despite being one of the newer rides in Thomas Land it’s also the most unreliable. From a financial perspective it would be beneficial to replace the ride. The money saved by removing James and the red balloon could be spent on next years new Rollercoaster and the theoretical reopening of Pirate Adventure.
I get your point, however I don’t think James will be removed. It isn’t impossible but why would they go through the work of removing it or replacing it with a different ride when it’s already fine as it is. Yes it may be unreliable, but a ride that is unreliable is better than no ride at all.

No this will not happen. I asked the park on there tiktok page and they replied with its just closed for maintenance and will be back open soon.

No this will not happen. I asked the park on their tiktok page and they replied with its just closed for maintenance and will be back open soon.
Personally I take what the park post on social media with a pinch of salt. Although it’s most likely that they are waiting for a part for the ride from over seas, Drayton have a long history of posting that a ride is closed for maintenance and then ultimately do not reopen said ride. I also doubt that the social media team have the plans and are most likely instructed to remain vague and positive. Whilst looping group have a pretty good track record so far with the park , we have to remember there’s so many other factors that could be at play behind the scenes.

Personally I take what the park post on social media with a pinch of salt. Although it’s most likely that they are waiting for a part for the ride from over seas, Drayton have a long history of posting that a ride is closed for maintenance and then ultimately do not reopen said ride. I also doubt that the social media team have the plans and are most likely instructed to remain vague and positive. Whilst looping group have a pretty good track record so far with the park , we have to remember there’s so many other factors that could be at play behind the scenes.
I think Drayton will most likely prioritise reopening Pirate Adventure ov James and the red balloon. The ride is unreliable and not a high profile ride. I think the proposed Tea Cup Ride from a few years ago will take its place. The Tea Cup Ride was only cancelled due to the unforeseen fire in the toilet block.

I think Drayton will most likely prioritise reopening Pirate Adventure ov James and the red balloon. The ride is unreliable and not a high profile ride. I think the proposed Tea Cup Ride from a few years ago will take its place. The Tea Cup Ride was only cancelled due to the unforeseen fire in the toilet block.
I don't agree. It usually always goes on time and it is a popular ride It's the first ride I run too when I go to Thomas land and if Lady hats tea cups was planned again it would go in Terences old spot but it's very low rates that that ride will be back in there plans and I asked a worker about it and she said it's staying just having a new part put in so it's here to stay and let's be real pirates adventure probably isn't coming back.

I don't agree. It usually always goes on time and it is a popular ride It's the first ride I run too when I go to Thomas land and if Lady hats tea cups was planned again it would go in Terences old spot but it's very low rates that that ride will be back in there plans and I asked a worker about it and she said it's staying just having a new part put in so it's here to stay and let's be real pirates adventure probably isn't coming back.
I wouldn’t be surprised if both Lady Hats Tea Cups and Pirate Adventure are open next year. At the very least I expect 1 of these rides will be open. James no5 theres currently work going on inside Pirate Adventure. Maybe Drayton are secretly bringing the ride back.

The ride is unreliable and not a high profile ride.
Do you genuinely think this? I can't say that I've noticed that James is unreliable, mind you I am judging this on a park with Rides such as Stormforce 2 and a half, Whoops Apocalypse, Terence's Tractor Breakdown, Flying Dutch Oven, Joki and River Crapids. (I love each of those rides but they do (did) have lots of downtime - especially compared to James).

Also when I started going to DMP, James was the bright shiny new attraction and was marketed as such. Until the development of Adventure Cove it really was the poster attraction. In fact was there a more recent ThomasLand ride until the Submarine Splash this year?

The Tea Cup Ride was only cancelled due to the unforeseen fire in the toilet block.
This was not the only reason Lady Hatts Tea Cups is not here today. This was one of the main factors, but we have to remember that before the previous owners would've even had chance to start installing a new ride, the park went into administration and was bought by The Looping Group.

I believe Looping didn't like the plans for a new teacups ride in Thomas Land and that's the reason why we don't have it today, and instead we have Thomas and Percy's Submarine Splash (which in my opinion is a much better ride than Lady Hatts would've been).

This was not the only reason Lady Hatts Tea Cups is not here today. This was one of the main factors, but we have to remember that before the previous owners would've even had chance to start installing a new ride, the park went into administration and was bought by The Looping Group.

I believe Looping didn't like the plans for a new teacups ride in Thomas Land and that's the reason why we don't have it today, and instead we have Thomas and Percy's Submarine Splash (which in my opinion is a much better ride than Lady Hatts would've been).
It was actually because of covid 19 I believe

No I believe it's closed for maintenance and waiting for parts to come in :)

Back