Frontier Falls (General area)

I wonder if the flying Dutchman will get a western re theme as the building/control room has been painted brown, or (hopefully) will it move into Vikings
My bet is that it'll go to Vikings

With accelerator having a slow retheme, andn some new signage on the haunting hinting at the same, it doesn't seem out of the question that there could be a third phase of opening after teh coaster next year, with the new haunting, accelerator and cafe/shop.
A third phase definately sounds likely. The area is large and has a lot of "unfinished" areas which don't look like they'll be ready for the opening of the new coaster.
I would prefer them to do a third phase where they can take their time and create a fully immersive experience, rather than rush and have things look out of place or make no sense (Like those new Haunting signs, sorry Drayton, I think you should remove them and give Haunting full attention as part of another phase where you can dedicate more time & money )

Shop frontages, new coaster (pending) and Showdown - Brilliant
Theatre show content - Not really Western but ok
Barrels - Not that impressed with retheme (why not a whisky etc tweak rather than dynamite in barrels?)
Accelerator and Haunting attempt at fitting in - Strange

It's all a bit of a miss-match at the moment I think, but considering where Drayton has come from can't complain too much. Both the Haunting and Accelerator need full rethemes in my opinion to fit in. A cursed saloon maybe and then turn Accelerator cars in to bullets or something if possible.

Barrels - Not that impressed with retheme (why not a whisky etc tweak rather than dynamite in barrels?)

It's all a bit of a miss-match at the moment I think, but considering where Drayton has come from can't complain too much. Both the Haunting and Accelerator need full rethemes in my opinion to fit in. A cursed saloon maybe and then turn Accelerator cars in to bullets or something if possible.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they get rid of Accelerator, it’s just in the way of the new themed area, it should of been gone after the Ben 10 Contract ended.

Barrels probably went the way it did to move away from an alcohol association (Dynamite, not exactly family friendly either but works more in that cowboy theme)
I wouldn’t be surprised if they get rid of Accelerator, it’s just in the way of the new themed area, it should of been gone after the Ben 10 Contract ended.
It won't go anywhere - its a popular ride (And i don't think they can afford to remove another semi-thrilling ride after removing things like G-force / apocalypse / Stand up shockwave. Removing Accelerator entirely would really lose the older audience on the park - including myself if i'm honest)

I don't think they will get rid of accelerator. They need to attract the older family members and only having four roller coasters is not enough. Personally I think they need at least one more family thrill attraction such as a coaster. If you look at Paultons, they have 7 and that is a good mix. Once the wave and the new coaster opens, that is 5 including accelerator. It is also the newest coaster. If themed well maybe next year continuing the gold rush, excape theme it could fit in well. I agree flying dutchman should relocate to Vikings. It is a legacy ride which needs minimal maintenance.

Themed food would be amazing
Smokehouse BBQ anyone?

I reckon it will open as a later phase of the area (maybe even after the new coaster) as that building needs something inside of it, especially as its also the exit for The Haunting, its currently a bit of a void, when it could be used to link the areas
I'd love smokehouse, but its not necessarily the kind of food that goes well for a theme park as it takes so long to do so it needs precise numbers for ordering and prep.

There is the capability to it with the app etc for pre purchase but I'm not sure what the take up would be like.

Maybe best just to have the rootin tootin barbeque, hot dogs and the like but with the capability of having a greater range of sides. Seasoned fries, barbecue beans, mac n cheese, corn on the cob etc.

I'd love smokehouse, but its not necessarily the kind of food that goes well for a theme park as it takes so long to do so it needs precise numbers for ordering and prep.

There is the capability to it with the app etc for pre purchase but I'm not sure what the take up would be like.

Maybe best just to have the rootin tootin barbeque, hot dogs and the like but with the capability of having a greater range of sides. Seasoned fries, barbecue beans, mac n cheese, corn on the cob etc.
CWOA's smokehouse place works well - im thinking something like that :)
BBQ chicken, pulled pork, seasoned fries, sides, salads and all the other stuff

I also believe we will see 3 phases of the area. The first, is already done (obviously) and I think the second should be ready for an early-mid summer opening. This will likely include the coaster, surrounding area, and possibly a new restaurant? (Can’t remember what building people were saying might become one)

I then think we will see a third phase next year, with Haunting and Accelerator being fit into Frontier Falls and Dutchman being relocated into Vikings.

I completely agree on tarmac, I'm not convinced that there was tarmac back in the day. However they need to have some paving and I think paving could work well. Tarmac will let it down. The 5 year plan seems to suggest some form of changes around accelerator next year along with Flying dutchman. I regard the coaster as opening as part of phase 1 with the potential retheme of accelerator and new ride next year.

• New rollercoaster within Drayton Manor Park - New coaster - potentially gold rush?

• Relocate a ride within Drayton Manor Park and introduce a new round platform ride
to the vacated spot - Flying dutchman to new location and new ride in spot - smaller drop ride overlooking lake? Planning rules will dictate height

Re: drop ride. Would be good (but not viable?) to mix it up and drop down from ground rather then going up first …
It’s probably gonna be another spinny make-me-sick kids ride though

Re: drop ride. Would be good (but not viable?) to mix it up and drop down from ground rather then going up first …
It’s probably gonna be another spinny make-me-sick kids ride though
I am not sure on viability, would need to be smaller and one that fits the 1.2 metre demographic. Suspect it will be a spinney ride, but there are other options.

The toilets are gonna be used again as they painted a sign
F07B78FF-9B51-4C62-B576-5666C3F1CAE0.jpeg
FD38FACE-61A1-450D-8CC4-C16371AB66BE.jpeg

Back