Jolly Buccaneer

Harry

Opening in 1992, the Jolly Buccaneer was only one of two Heinrich Mack GmbH & Co KG (Mack Rides) attractions at Drayton Manor, the other being Pirate Adventure opening two years before. Jolly Buccaneer holds up to 32 rides maximum with 16 boats in operation, but has on occasion dropped capacity to 28/30 riders due to some boats going out of service for repairs and being replaced by treasure chests.

DSC_0120 [2].jpg

Reactions: Dan
I think Jolly Buccaneer is desperate of a refurb. I'd like the middle theming section to look something like SeaStorm at Chessigton as it makes the ride look good and helps the operator see the whole ride at the same time!

I think Jolly Buccaneer is desperate of a refurb. I'd like the middle theming section to look something like SeaStorm at Chessigton as it makes the ride look good and helps the operator see the whole ride at the same time!
Interesting suggestion! I'd never even considered this, when did the ride have its last refurbishment work?

I'd love to see the park make more investments like Jolly Buccaneer, it is a pull for the park for children between Thomas Land and General Park age groups, and gets them interested in the Theme Park before they grow out of Thomas Land, thus a future market is secured.

Maybe the pirate has gone back inside the pirate adventure as he use to stand just inside the entrance. There was a few more of theses in the queue line.
Perhaps he did. I'd love to see some theming added, something to bring in the theme of Pirate Cove to the area. Little details like that add to the overall experience in my opinion.

Sounds odd but if they wanted to they could add a themed floor around the area and maybe have little parrot footprints embedded into the floor! A unique touch and they could have a little trail where you follow the foot prints to somewhere (I don’t know maybe a little walkthrough that they could add?)

Sounds odd but if they wanted to they could add a themed floor around the area and maybe have little parrot footprints embedded into the floor! A unique touch and they could have a little trail where you follow the foot prints to somewhere (I don’t know maybe a little walkthrough that they could add?)
What a good idea! Little touches like that will subconsciously build those themed areas back up, maybe even some false tropical plants for the area?

I'd love to see some animatronics added around Jolly Buccaneer, I know they don't whether well outside, but a Parrot, like on PA for example, would be great for the queue!

Looks like it’s received a little tlc. The centre disk has been replaced and painted. The rest of the ride could also do with a lick of paint? But it’s a start.

Has the jolly buccaneer been slowed down? I was watching my son on it today and it seemed slower than normal. Does it have more than one speed?

Back