Jolly Buccaneer

Has the jolly buccaneer been slowed down? I was watching my son on it today and it seemed slower than normal. Does it have more than one speed?
Nope, it's always ran the same speed. It's slow in the morning and a bit during the day - but the ride does slowly speed up because the motors and ride is warming up. Many, many, many years ago it used to run quicker but it has been put to a set speed, and have been since I've worked on it for the last 2 seasons

They would need the latest model installed anyway and I doubt the park would do that unless the Jolly Buccaneer was on its last legs but if the Flying Dutchman still going strong after 35 years I can’t see why this ride can’t still be around for at least another 10.

Reactions: Dan
Nope, it's always ran the same speed. It's slow in the morning and a bit during the day - but the ride does slowly speed up because the motors and ride is warming up. Many, many, many years ago it used to run quicker but it has been put to a set speed, and have been since I've worked on it for the last 2 seasons
Thanks for this. Must just be me then!

They would need the latest model installed anyway and I doubt the park would do that unless the Jolly Buccaneer was on its last legs but if the Flying Dutchman still going strong after 35 years I can’t see why this ride can’t still be around for at least another 10.
The model that the park has can go in reverse already. It would only require a change of programming which isn't anything major.

Jolly Buccaneer is a certainly good ride and I don't mind it. I would love to see the Dodgems removed and Buccaneer put in it's building under a roof. Great opportunity but then the park would need to dig a pit so accompany the ride.

With Dodgems being set as 1.45m/12yrs old to drive and 1.2m/8yrs old to be a passenger. It's time for the Dodgems just to completely go.

From working on Buccaneer I can honestly say that it is very reliable machine and I have hardly ever had any issues with it, and hope it keeps on running as long as it can. Might need a height restriction change (...again) but apart from that it's good.

Might could do with some tarps in the middle covering the pit and giving it a bit of theming. I haven't seen other Mack Peter Pan's like it but I have seen Sea Storm's with tarps in the middle and they look fantastic.

On my visit over Magical Christmas I noticed that some of the smaller flags from the top of the pirate ships have gone missing, others need a good clean or have had branding fade off. It would be good to see all sails replaced or refurbished on the boats so that they match the great finish to the ride.

The queue line also seems to be an issue for pushing in, would love to see the park add some themed rope fencing around the permimeter to stop this, with maybe some signs pointing people to the entrance of the ride? The walls could also do with a paint, and maybe some sort of facelift.

On my visit over Magical Christmas I noticed that some of the smaller flags from the top of the pirate ships have gone missing, others need a good clean or have had branding fade off. It would be good to see all sails replaced or refurbished on the boats so that they match the great finish to the ride.

The queue line also seems to be an issue for pushing in, would love to see the park add some themed rope fencing around the permimeter to stop this, with maybe some signs pointing people to the entrance of the ride? The walls could also do with a paint, and maybe some sort of facelift.
I agree on the queue jumping. If the put a fence both sides of the queue it would stop people joining at the start.

The jolly Buckner and burger restaurant have had some tlc this week.
43806845-552F-48AE-9EEF-81C9B6AF9A0B.jpeg

13F3A011-BE9F-49B3-BD62-C682351B170D.jpeg

It looks nice because that rockwork has needed some tlc for a while so it's good to see that happening!!
I was surprised as it’s been in such a state for such a long time. It’s a lot more In keeping with the dodgems colouring now. It would be nice if they rolled it out to the rest of the pirate adventure building because it looks really smart.

The new colour scheme for the rocks around Jolly Buccaneer look great, and they do fit in with the current turret for Dodgems Ahoy. I’m hoping that in a few years, we could see a similar treatment to the front of Pirate Adventure. With the new paint for Jolly Buccaneer, the facade for Pirate Adventure looks out of place and it’d be good to see it get some TLC (and something done to the inside of it).

Back