Ride Merchandise

Would you like to see Ride Merchandise to return to Drayton Manor?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dan

Team Member
Team Member
Drayton Manor seem to be an anomaly in the fact that they do not have Ride Merchandise for many of their rides, the park did provide merchandise with ride openings and before the early 2000s, but this seems to have been very sparse in recent years.

Some rides, including Pirate Adventure, had the sales of merchandise built into their queuelines, and many had merchandise in the main shops, as well as their own shops - like Stormforce 10.

I'd love to see some Merchandise like pin badges for old rides at the park too; the park have a rich history which they should be proud of and celebrate. Something like Alton Towers have with Corkscrew, Black Hole, Thunder Looper badges would be great at the park, although I suppose this only appeals to enthusiasts. The only piece of Merchandise that references the past is the book which celebrates the parks past, although I am unsure if this is still for sale at the park.

What is your favourite piece of merchandise from Drayton Manor? Would you like to see Ride Merchandise make a return? If so, what would you sell?

This is one thing that Drayton Manor lacks in most. The design of most of the clothing eg. the t-shirts and hoodies are very basic and not really worth interest.

The only ride that the park has really pushed merchandise for is Air Race, but going in the shops to have a look at the products the Air Race merch all seem to be overstocked and all discounted for clearance. Sure it would have been the best seller of merch for 2014 but it's now 2019 and we need to see the return of the rides we all want to have. Stormforce 10, Maelstrom, Shockwave, SPLASH, and Apocalypse. So many designs can be created and sold to park and ride enthusiasts. Would I like to see a embroided Stormforce 10 hoodie with the logo and boat on? Absolutely. Would I like to see an Air Race t-shirt with #Sick on the front and a giant logo on the back? Well I guess the back logo has done worth of interest but the #Sick so comes off to cheesy and a bit too silly.

Drayton can't compete compared to other parks when it comes to the ride IP's being sold as merchandise. The Merlin parks and Blackpool Pleasure Beach have my interest and they have a good variety of clothing and merch.

Reactions: Dan
Bought this around 2004 from the Stormforce shop! :) Would love to see if anyone has some really cool merch!
f67bd932-e320-4456-bb6e-f58216047599.jpg

I think the 1 thing Drayton sells well and the prices ain’t to bad either is sweets and IP toys. Every visit I end up spending a £1 on sweets on my daughter and she got quite a bit including my 20% discount.

I bought a Drayton Manor Logo pin badge back in 2015. Think it cost about £2.50 back then and was my first ever theme park pin (now I have half a cork board of them). I’ve seen a few on eBay now and again and the most recent one I saw the person was selling it for £14+ so I’m unaware of whether they still sell it. I also have the book about the park that I purchased on eBay for about £3! Great book with some great facts pre Thomas Land!

I’d love to see pin badges released for individual rides, hotel & Drayton themselves. I think with how popular pin badges are now, it would really benefit them. I’d also love to see medals, lanyards & resins introduced. It’s such a unique way to remember rides & your day out.

I think Drayton know there main shop is Thomasland and they sell clothes your kids can wear to they grow out of them. My daughter got a Rosie hat and gloves set.
I miss the haunting shop as that was the most themed shop in the park.

With the phenomenal logos Drayton do for their rides, I’m shocked (no pun intended) that Shockwave has no ride merch as far as I’m aware. They could easily do what they did with the Air Race merch, a few stationary items, keyrings and one of them tall cups with the spiral straw. Even a 2D mug could be easy to sell as they probably don’t cost too much to make!

I think Drayton know there main shop is Thomasland and they sell clothes your kids can wear to they grow out of them. My daughter got a Rosie hat and gloves set.
I miss the haunting shop as that was the most themed shop in the park.
Am I right in thinking the haunting shop is now the ex Cartoon Network shop? I’m surprised they don’t sell haunting themes merch or just halloween style toys/props as kids love that stuff. It would also carry on the theming/feel of the haunting.

This is the sort of merchandise Drayton should be selling!

Imagine them releasing Stormforce 10 branded waterproof coats? That will certainly be something I'll purchase without a doubt!
(Ignore some of the missing colour on the logo. The website auto did that)

What a great idea! The park actually have some easily saleable themes other than Thomas. For The Haunting, they could begin to sell the spooky ornaments, ride pins, halloween-esque stuff, that sort of thing will be so popular! The 4D Cinema is another, they could sell items related to the movie, would be really popular. Pirate related items in a Pirate Cove / Fishermans Wharf shop, like seen in the former Pirate Adventure shop. Rides like Stormforce, Shockwave, Maelstrom - they all have great logos and there is a relative theme to them they'd look great on clothing, like what Harry has posted above. Even Splash Canyon, the theme of that is perfect for some Wild West items, tie that in with Sheriff's Showdown.

What I'm trying to say is that the rides at the park aren't impossible to produce merchandise for, each has a theme or a logo whereby something can be purchased or bought in. It's extra needed income for the park, and it would sell, even if it was just from enthusiasts - which it wouldn't be. I'm also saying that Drayton Manor shouldn't be hiding from their past, they should be acknowledging the past rides that contributed to the park we see today - I'd love them to make pins for old rides like Pirate Adventure, G-Force, Excalibur, Jungle Palladium, etc - again these would be popular with reminiscing adults and enthusiasts! I love Emma's idea of ride resins for Stormforce, Shockwave, Buffalo, Accelerator, Apocalypse, Haunting (maybe), etc. It'd be great!

I don't think we'll ever see fully themed shops, but little areas like themed shelves in each shop would be amazing, a shelf themed up for every ride that there is merchandise for - it'd give the shops a face lift and would be popular with guests I'm sure. Merchandise is something Drayton don't do well and should be improved.

I have been inside the Thomas Shop recently and have noticed that various items have been added related to the rides - caps, t-shirts, etc. The rides are named on the clothing and seem really popular. I also noticed keyrings and fridge magnets with the ride name and the appropriate Thomas character on. Nice and popular additions, lets hope the park do the same with the larger rides.

IMG_9006.jpg
IMG_9008.jpg

After my visit last month, I highly doubt Drayton will be making merchandise for rides outside Thomas Land for a long time. Almost everything Drayton Manor branded was discounted, which suggests park-branded merchandise isn’t as popular at the park as it used to be. It’s a shame, however they won’t make new merchandise if the old won’t sell!

I would love to see them bring in pins and resins to join my collections.

I also miss The Haunting's shop - it just feels so odd walking out of the attraction now into a bright lit shop which has little to no park merchandise.

I would love to see them bring in pins and resins to join my collections.

I also miss The Haunting's shop - it just feels so odd walking out of the attraction now into a bright lit shop which has little to no park merchandise.
It was much better a haunting gift shop, all the shops excluding the thomasland ones sell the same tat. I would have thought ride specific merch would sell better, especially for a ride like the haunting where you actually do exit through the gift shop!

Back