Ride Merchandise

Would you like to see Ride Merchandise to return to Drayton Manor?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Drayton know there onto a winner with the Thomas land shop and the sweet shops are good value for money. My favourite shop was the pirate adventure shop.
Yes the pirate adventure shop was great. I still have a key ring from there. I think I posted a picture of it earlier in this thread.

I think ride specific shops can lead to more sales, if you sell a piece of merchandise branded for each ride, you’ll get people collecting them so they have the set, especially if you’ve just been on the ride.

I was lucky enough to pick up some merchandise that was sold at the Park and manufactured by the Tudor Mint, they are part of the Myth and Magic range - I presume they were made for numerous rides at the park. I have an Apocalypse and Pirate Adventure statue, I also managed to get hold of an Apocalypse mug. I will upload the images of these to this thread.

In my opinion, Drayton Manor could easily sell more items of ride related merchandise on the on-ride photo booths at the exit to some of the rides. Or at least signs saying ride merchandise is available in the shops. Considering the main gift shop in the park that sells park merchandise is branded as “The Toy Shop”, it’s not the most likely place theme park fans would want to go into, unless they knew some things were sold there (behind all the toys of course).

As for “Giftbox”, the shop you enter after exiting The Haunting, it has no merch for the ride, which is very stupid considering it has a great logo that’s easy to stick on a mug or a magnet.

In my opinion, Drayton Manor could easily sell more items of ride related merchandise on the on-ride photo booths at the exit to some of the rides. Or at least signs saying ride merchandise is available in the shops. Considering the main gift shop in the park that sells park merchandise is branded as “The Toy Shop”, it’s not the most likely place theme park fans would want to go into, unless they knew some things were sold there (behind all the toys of course).

As for “Giftbox”, the shop you enter after exiting The Haunting, it has no merch for the ride, which is very stupid considering it has a great logo that’s easy to stick on a mug or a magnet.
The haunting should be so easy to sell merch for, you would basically just need some Halloween toys with the branding.

I think the rides have such great logos it is a shame that they are not put to use on merchandise. Rides like The Haunting, Shockwave, Maelstrom, Stormforce 10 and Accelerator already have great logos that could be easily embedded onto things like mugs and magnets. The merchandise machine in Thomas Land was definitely a step in the right direction, and I feel this could be used to gauge how popular ride merchandise would be, but I can't help but feel it is limited in scope being just in Thomas Land, one in the Gift Box or Toy Shop would be nice. The merchandise machine is good as it gives people access to merchandise without the park shelling out overheads for printing tonnes of ride specific merchandise.

I am hoping that the park do some special merchandise for their 70th anniversary, some special Hoodies, T-Shirts and Caps; also some mugs and maybe even a celebratory resin - stuff like that really would go down well, I'm sure of it. It'd also make the shops feel a little less generic and a little more like Drayton Manor's shops.

Back