Flying Dutchman

Harry

Opened in 1983 and supplied by Intamin. This is one of two last operating Flying Dutchman's with the other being located at World's Of Fun, USA.

26/09/18

I tend to find ordinary chair-swings and Starflyers too intense, but have always enjoyed the Flying Dutchman. I give it at least one go every time I visit the park.

I agree, the cycle time is perfect as it never allows the queue to build up - and it seems to be a very popular ride! It fits in perfectly with the family market, and looks fabulous after the TLC it was given a couple of years back.

I'd like to see it moved over by Jolly Bucaneer somehow so that it fits with the Pirate Cove themed area - it's out of place where it is and moving it would give them a better shot at a themed area. I also don't understand why it doesn't operate for Christmas and February Half Term.

Completely agree, should be moved near the old pirates cove area/fisherman's wharf as it fits the theme so much more than the current location. Great ride though (y)

I'd like to see it moved over by Jolly Bucaneer somehow so that it fits with the Pirate Cove themed area - it's out of place where it is and moving it would give them a better shot at a themed area. I also don't understand why it doesn't operate for Christmas and February Half Term.
Yes. I thought it might be open for half term. Previously the boats have been MIA until main season but this year they were back by the end of Christmas. There didn’t appear to be any further work going on when I went yesterday so it’s a shame it doesn’t open.

I think the same goes for the drunken barrels too. I always think this would be a good Christmas and Feb half term ride as it’s undercover. It’s also no more extreme than Toby tram imo.

I’ve always said it should be moved to Pirate Cove, however where they’d put it, I’ve had the idea of an indoor Pirate area where Pirate Adventure was/ is. You could stick that in there along with the many, many Pirate rides out there that ride manufactures sell. I’ve always thought that dinosaurs and pirates are the most common non-IP themes UK theme parks tend to go for.

If it was to move there, that would open up space for a new ride in it’s current spot. What it could be, I’m not sure. A ‘Sky Flyer’ is something I’m shocked they don’t have, as it would dominate their skyline, especially by the lake. I’m sure the foundations for one would fit on the Flying Dutchman site. Not sure if the park have any restrictions like Alton Towers when it comes to height regulations with rides, but what’s stopping the market from building a tall one? Possibly the UK’s tallest?

Reactions: Dan
I think that it would be great if they would move the ride as I agree that it would make the ride fit in much better with surrounding rides and areas. However, it would be difficult to move and I think it’s probably an unrealistic expectation. The ride has such a large infrastructure and the pipes go under the ground so it would be quite annoying to move, let alone expensive.

Reactions: Dan
Back