Pirate Adventure

I know this might sound weird but I was just laying down bored when I thought what if pirates adventure became part of Thomas land as skiffs water adventure retheme the inside get new boats re do the bits what need doing change the name and then you have a new ride

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603_203850_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230603_203850_WhatsApp.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 82
I know this might sound weird but I was just laying down bored when I thought what if pirates adventure became part of Thomas land as skiffs water adventure retheme the inside get new boats re do the bits what need doing change the name and then you have a new ride
I think it's just too far out of the ThomasLand area to make it work

But a good thought all the same :)

I'd anything, I'd say Thomas land will expand the other way.

If PA was to return id say it would need a pirate theme again to match the rides near it or a new theme with a new area theme

You are brimming with ideas tonight!!

I think that ThomasLand has some pretty clear boundaries from the rest of the park and this sort of suits when planning events and arranging partial opening etc. Not sure the powers that be would want Thomas Land to expand in that direction.

You are brimming with ideas tonight!!

I think that ThomasLand has some pretty clear boundaries from the rest of the park and this sort of suits when planning events and arranging partial opening etc. Not sure the powers that be would want Thomas Land to expand in that direction.
Ha thank you. It was just an idea so the building became something. Yes it will probably expand into the old car park but it could happen who knows.

Could be a possibility. I feel Drayton could benefit from another dark ride. We of course have Sheriff Showdown, but I mean one like a boat ride or a sort of story-telling ride. I believe there is a Thomas themed dark ride in Japan ( I remember hearing about it on one of Theme Park Worldwide's videos. )

Could be a possibility. I feel Drayton could benefit from another dark ride. We of course have Sheriff Showdown, but I mean one like a boat ride or a sort of story-telling ride. I believe there is a Thomas themed dark ride in Japan ( I remember hearing about it on one of Theme Park Worldwide's videos. )
I Guess the Haunting Doesn't exist then :(. To be honest, I think would benefit more with a New non IP dark ride, even better if they keep the pirate theme. I don't think the Uk no longer has a quintessential Dark Ride with a 'British' feel, if you get where I'm coming from, so I think one would fit Drayton Manor really well with its currently existing lineup.

I Guess the Haunting Doesn't exist then :(. To be honest, I think would benefit more with a New non IP dark ride, even better if they keep the pirate theme. I don't think the Uk no longer has a quintessential Dark Ride with a 'British' feel, if you get where I'm coming from, so I think one would fit Drayton Manor really well with its currently existing lineup.
Definately agree on a non-IP dark ride.

I sometimes think that some parks rely too much on IP's in recent years. Always prefer things that are not tied to them, the experiences have a longer lifespan that way.

Oh yeah totally forgot about The Haunting. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, a non IP based dark ride would be great. I feel a non generic dark ride might work well too. As great as British dark rides were in the early 90's, John Wardley commented that the UK was building 'It's a small pirates life haunted mansion'. As a reference to what British parks were doing by ripping of Disney themed attractions to build there own.

That said, I feel something works so well with Pirates, water and a dark ride. So it would be awesome to see one of those back. But failing that, a truly original themed, dark water ride would be amazing, amazing for Drayton Manor too.

Sadly, I do not think there is any company outside Merlin in the UK, that has the skills and most importantly the capacity any more, to be able to build something on such a large scale as Pirate Adventure. Even though we in the UK, built amazing and large dark rides (we even built massive parts of Disney Land Paris' Pirates of the Caribbean. The trade has sadly died in the UK outside Merlin, meaning help would almost certainly be needed from an international company. Further pushing up prices to build such a thing.

This is why, sadly, I do not see another large scale dark ride being built in place of Pirates Adventure. I hope I am wrong I really do, but the economics and realities to make it work inside 2023 Britain are sadly very much against such a project. Unless you are either Merlin, or have bucket loads of cash.

To be completely honest , as much as I will always love Our Pirate adventure ride , I don’t think I would want to see another version of the ride as I would feel like it wouldn’t match the creativity and be as special as the original. I would however love to see something different go into the building whether it be a different type of family water ride , or even a dark coaster. However as much as they need to address this area to make it useable (if that’s even something that they want as I’m sure it’s good for Storing things out of sight of guests) surely they need to address they old Excalibur sight. With the castle of dream only operating realistically for Halloween and Christmas , it’s a large site to go unused all year that is visible by all to see especially when the little drinks area feels out of place and just thrown in too.

To be completely honest , as much as I will always love Our Pirate adventure ride , I don’t think I would want to see another version of the ride as I would feel like it wouldn’t match the creativity and be as special as the original. I would however love to see something different go into the building whether it be a different type of family water ride , or even a dark coaster. However as much as they need to address this area to make it useable (if that’s even something that they want as I’m sure it’s good for Storing things out of sight of guests) surely they need to address they old Excalibur sight. With the castle of dream only operating realistically for Halloween and Christmas , it’s a large site to go unused all year that is visible by all to see especially when the little drinks area feels out of place and just thrown in too.

I do not think a coaster is the answer. When you start putting coasters in there, you really do not have much space. You would not fit troublesome trucks inside either for reference. The ride is higher than what would be possible for reference. Anything going outside the building would struggle around that area of the park. The deer park housing estate is VERY close to that part of the park. I have friends who live in some of those houses and believe me, you can hear ALOT of the park as it is from there.

To be honest, I don't think even Merlin would have the skill or creativity to build something like Pirate Adventure, their strong point are dark themes, not stuff like Pirate Adventire with wacky, charming, and large scale settings. The only company I can think of that has the capabilities of creating a ride like Pirate Adventure on terms of budget, size, and creativity would be Europa Park and Jora Vision since they rebuilt Pirate En Batavia, even though it isn't an exact replica of the original, but it's just as good, heck, even surpasses the original ride in some places while having few few screens in pleaces. Something like that would NEVER be done in the UK sadly, but I hope I'm wrong at the end of the day.

I think with the looping groups track record on bringing SNBO rides back to life. Not sure how much it cost to bring the rapids back to life but I guess it be roughly the same to get the pirate adventure ride system back up and running again and new boats. I think they could easily move Jolly Buccaneer into Vikings and the bumper cars could be themed to fit a new theme for the pirate adventure replacement.

Back