Pirate Adventure

Am I missing something, is it really that expensive to install a sprinkler system? Surely its mainly some water pipes, surely that can't be that much in the context of the cost of building a building? I am surprised there are no plans since its the most prominent closed ride in the park and also the most missed ride talked about.

Am I missing something, is it really that expensive to install a sprinkler system? Surely its mainly some water pipes, surely that can't be that much in the context of the cost of building a building? I am surprised there are no plans since its the most prominent closed ride in the park and also the most missed ride talked about.
Not necessarily. If the building isn’t up to health and safety standards , there just be many factors in play. It depends what the building needed doing , the extent of structural damage that the fire had done. I know it was in one area but did it make that area weaker. There could be a variety of different reasons for the building remaining closed. It could even be materials that the building may contain.

Not necessarily. If the building isn’t up to health and safety standards , there just be many factors in play. It depends what the building needed doing , the extent of structural damage that the fire had done. I know it was in one area but did it make that area weaker. There could be a variety of different reasons for the building remaining closed. It could even be materials that the building may contain.
I think the fire was put out very quick as it was 2006 when it happened and it operated to the start of the 2015 season. The Bryan’s had the money ready to do the work but a ex employee took most of the money. That’s why on the website and outside the ride it had a closed for Maintenance sign.
5A40E221-8040-46FA-BD04-4FF3D9C7BB6E.png

So the money that was left was used on the Haunting instead.
Then the Accident happened in 2017 and they knew they couldn’t afford to repair it so they used Drayton’s own team to remove the rotten sections of the ride and they kept the bits that worked which I believe in still in the ride and back stage and everything that was broken was sold at the auction.
There is a reason why when they removed the ride they kept the ride system in place and with it been in doors and kept out of water I’m sure it all still works fine and they will really just need to buy new boats and pumps and they can do any theme they like.

It depends. The physical infrastructure may well be cheap, but the cost of commisioning and certification may be scarily expensive depending on what kind of system they go for, and the legal requirements posed by it potentially being a large ride space, which will have different requirements to an office or public building such as a council building.

To be fair, if they hadn't fixed the roof they already had one.

Why do they need new boats? I thought they still have all the boats after they failed to sell at the auction?

Why do they need new boats? I thought they still have all the boats after they failed to sell at the auction?
The old ones were pretty much at the end of their lifespan, but the new ones are too heavy and they'd sometimes sink while going through the layout.

I think the fire was put out very quick as it was 2006 when it happened and it operated to the start of the 2015 season. The Bryan’s had the money ready to do the work but a ex employee took most of the money. That’s why on the website and outside the ride it had a closed for Maintenance sign.
View attachment 3917
So the money that was left was used on the Haunting instead.
Then the Accident happened in 2017 and they knew they couldn’t afford to repair it so they used Drayton’s own team to remove the rotten sections of the ride and they kept the bits that worked which I believe in still in the ride and back stage and everything that was broken was sold at the auction.
There is a reason why when they removed the ride they kept the ride system in place and with it been in doors and kept out of water I’m sure it all still works fine and they will really just need to buy new boats and pumps and they can do any theme they like.
I do hope this ride opens again I see there doing work with the building. What is it used for now?

What is this bit now. Haven't paid attention to this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230519_223838_Earth.jpg
    Screenshot_20230519_223838_Earth.jpg
    823.3 KB · Views: 90
I know this might sound weird but I was just laying down bored when I thought what if pirates adventure became part of Thomas land as skiffs water adventure retheme the inside get new boats re do the bits what need doing change the name and then you have a new ride

Back