Thomas, Rosie and Percy Engine Tours (Sodor Railway)

Harry

Thomas, Percy and Rosie are three of the most recognizable characters - and what visit to Thomas Land would be complete without meeting them? Join Thomas, Percy or Rosie on a fun train journey through Thomas Land, seeing all the sights as you go.

There are train stations located in the park and the zoo, with trains operating both ways, so why not build a trip with Thomas or his friends into your day? This gentle train ride is a wonderful way for Thomas fans to interact with their favourite characters, as well as enjoying the sights and sounds of the park. So climb aboard, take a seat, and get ready for a ride with some of your favourite Thomas Land characters!

Builder: Metallbau Emmeln

Year of opening: 2008

Ride Capacity: 78 per train (2 trains)

Height Restrictions: Children aged 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children must be able to sit unaided.

20/06/19

DSC_0360.JPG

Don’t know what’s up with Rosie or Percy as they been on 1 train only for quite a while
6A12168E-0193-4316-AFEF-0B78E5D181F9.jpeg

Also the station really needs some work as it’s cracking and badly damaged
216967D6-7702-426B-AC42-473D0BCF66DF.jpeg

That station looks like something has been run into it.

So is it just 1 train back and forth now? Can you see where they are storing the other one as I think they normally leave them at either station overnight.

Percy will be in the shed.
I was queuing for Troublesome trucks around half 2 from the entrance and saw Thomas left and return. I guess they were telling guests it was a half hour wait from the indoor queue bit.
Thomas land in the older section is in a bad way and really needs some TLC as it does look like it’s 15 years old in areas.

Rosie has been stored down the side of the PA building. They are only using the track that you take from the zoo onwards to Thomas land and are not using the track that you usually take from Thomas land to the zoo. It’s a 20 minute wait for the train as they are using Thomas with Percy’s carages . The lovely ride operator yesterday was explaining to all of the kids that Rosie , Percy, Annie and Clarabell are all at the steam works getting rest because of the important jobs they do for sir toppenhat. I thought that was such a lovely and caring thing for him to do as some of the operators didn’t explain to the kids what was happening and just stuck with that only Thomas is working.

Attachments

• 3E4036AA-8644-4D85-A1B5-D404F9FF889A.jpeg
    3E4036AA-8644-4D85-A1B5-D404F9FF889A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
In regards to the damage to the station building , it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a weak spot when constructed and with the use of the loud music it’s possible that the sound vibrations have added to the trouble. I am surprised however that H&S have not restricted use of the building or even closed it off so repairs could be made. I’m also surprise considering the park has been closed since end of Christmas that they have not spotted this or if they have spotted it, they have not repaired it.

In regards to the damage to the station building , it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a weak spot when constructed and with the use of the loud music it’s possible that the sound vibrations have added to the trouble. I am surprised however that H&S have not restricted use of the building or even closed it off so repairs could be made. I’m also surprise considering the park has been closed since end of Christmas that they have not spotted this or if they have spotted it, they have not repaired it.
Or its only just occurred?

It’s been there a couple of days at least and yet the building is operating as normal. Surely someone in the resort staff would have noted that down by now.

Apologies, I wasn't clear about what I meant. I'm sure it has been assessed and the buidling is adjudged to be safe. I just meant that it had only just appeared and so they hadn't had time to put in a repair, or that they feel that they can get it done in the fortnight where the main park won't be open after this week.

Hopefully this is the case , Thomas land needs some Tlc so hopefully With this new ride they will begin to look at other areas that need it. For me personally I think that the sodor cars needs attention to detail as it feels outdated and theming is added in certain places but not as an immersive ride experience but again this was the Bryan’s I believe that returned the cars to fit into Thomas. Thanks for expanding on what you had meant :)

As per the Mattel contract, Drayton have to run Thomas every day. They either pair him with Rosie or Percy. Perhaps the Percy engine is broken at the moment?

As per the Mattel contract, Drayton have to run Thomas every day. They either pair him with Rosie or Percy. Perhaps the Percy engine is broken at the moment?
He isn't broken he just doesn't run anymore as he ran for the Christmas special that's the only time I think

Back