Drayton at 70

They’ve had many celebrities open their rides. There’s a page in the Drayton Manor book about the celebrities and what rides they opened. From the top of my head, I think they got Noel Edmonds to open Splash Canyon, Steps to open Stormforce 10, and G4 to open G Force. Of course, there’s loads more.

Noel Edmonds ?

I also feel the Thomas & Friends Exhibition is the wrong place and could be a star attraction to the park, especially for ThomasLand. Considering it has some of the original tv models, its a bit of UK tv history and should be a prominent position than just at the back in a corner. Seems a little sad.

Also I know some of the Thomas Model Train Enthusiasts groups are annoyed at how the models are looked after with some missing or having significant damage which is a great shame. I always thought Drayton could get the Thomas train enthusiasts in to make the Island of Sodor even better and perhaps fix up some of the broken trains. After it is a bit of important history!

1990 Pirate Adventure Timmy Mallet
1993 Splash Canyon Noel Edmunds
1996 The Haunting Andi Peter’s
1999 Stormforce 10 Steps
2000 Apocalypse B*witched
2002 Maelstrom Hear’say
2003 Excalibur Atomic Kitten
2005 G force G4
2008 Thomas Land the fat Controller
2009 4D cinema Simworks
2011 Ben 10 Twist and Pulse
2014 Air Race the Vamps.

1990 Pirate Adventure Timmy Mallet
1993 Splash Canyon Noel Edmunds
1996 The Haunting Andi Peter’s
1999 Stormforce 10 Steps
2000 Apocalypse B*witched
2002 Maelstrom Hear’say
2003 Excalibur Atomic Kitten
2005 G force G4
2008 Thomas Land the fat Controller
2009 4D cinema Simworks
2011 Ben 10 Twist and Pulse
2014 Air Race the Vamps.
Didn't Timmy Mallet open Loggers Leap as well??

Good to see a 70th Anniversary logo! They have updated the typeface for 'theme park' removed the textured background and simplified the track and train of shockwave. The only thing I dislike is the white inside the Drayton Manor typeface which is new, for me looks slightly odd to the eye much prefer the red from the old logo.

draytonmanornewold (1).jpg

I think it's far too late in the game for something worthwhile to be coming to G Force's Site, I actually think they will leave the area fenced off. I think they have something bigger coming in 2021, it'll be the kickstart after their 70th anniversary which they can trade from this season, and will have hopefully given time for the Splash Canyon fine to have been paid. Hopefully if everybody supports them in their 70th season, they will have a great 71st season onwards, get that positive investment chain flowing again.

I don't think something like Test Track or Picnic Benches will be added though, even that is an outlay that they won't want to fund if they are putting something there for 2021. I'd rather see the area fenced off and money saved for something really good.

I can see a temporary stage area or a tent going into this area for the parks 70th anniversary weekender as it’s a good way of showing the younger guests how the parks changed over the past 70 years.
I would even pay extra for a walking behind the scenes tour.

Back