Serious Flooding at Drayton Manor

Evan

Looks like Drayton Manor has suffered some serious flooding at the hands of Storm Dennis, let's hope this can get fixed easily and doesn't damage the park too much.

EQ-WHdCXsAAP0Tn.jpeg
EQ-WHKPXkAANuNW.jpeg
EQ-WHwSX0AAqUmw.jpeg

Drayton Manor have announced that they will be closed on Monday 17th, Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th February due to severe flooding caused by Storms Ciara & Dennis. It's absolutely tragic to see the park in such a state, especially considering all of the hard work that goes into making the park look so presentable. It's certainly safe to say that the flooding has caused significant damage across the park looking at these images.

I hope that everybody at the park, as well as the animals in the zoo stay safe.

It's tragic to see the park looking like this, the very thing that makes the park so picturesque (and the best) has turned the park into this. I saw a post on Facebook showing that the area surround buffalo and vertigo is already flooded, as is the car park - that was taken by somebody staying in the hotel. Given that the water is now all around the park it looks like the main lake might have burst over the walls. If that is full I can only imagine what the zoo looks like with the small river with a tiny outlet passing through the bottom of the zoo. It's quite close to some enclosures so I hope the animals are okay.

It will be interesting to see when Drayton recover from this, considering that pretty much the whole of the park is submerged, I imagine Haunting, Sheriff's Showdown and Drunken Barrels will be fine because they're elevated, same for Pandemonium, Accelerator and Apocalypse.

It's terrible that this has happened, I'm gutted.

This isnt too out of the ordinary. Drayton has flooded many times like this over the years. Still not good. But not as uncommon as you may think.

So Drayton do have some damage control and proactive measures they put in place. The park will be open as normal soon. But this is just unfortunate timing. Given it is half term.

Animals have been confirmed to be safe due to the heroic actions of the Zoo Team.

IMG_1474.jpg

It’s great news all the animals are safe but it really seems like Drayton manor can’t catch a break. The photos look like the flooding is pretty bad.

The last time the banks burst it floored the arcades which resulted the carpet been replaced and most of the game machines. I bet the motor area of the Bounty full.

The last time the banks burst it floored the arcades which resulted the carpet been replaced and most of the game machines. I bet the motor area of the Bounty full.
I was thinking the arcade must be flooded given how high the water is around the carousel. I’m struggling to see how they will reopen this week.

I know everyone was talking about new picnic area's or the world's biggest picnic area but I'm shocked at Drayton Manor extending the lake. Wasn't expecting that one ? All jokes aside I hope no lasting damage has happened to the park and they get open as soon as.

The team onsite have been working really hard and kept all the animals safe which I'm glad to hear.

A lot will need to be cleaned and repainted once the waters have gone back down.

I bet Excalibur has refilled now too!

Word from George Bryan on the flooding:

"This is the worst flooding we've had in 70 years, since the company started. Some of the rides are underwater, the catering units are underwater, the engineer's workshop is underwater, the zoo is totally flooded.

So yeah, it's really bad, normally this is a really busy week for us, we could have tens of thousands of people come through the door; but we took the decision yesterday to close because safety is paramount to our guests and members of staff.

All the animals are absolutely fine, the zoo team who are there 365 days a year were absolutely fantastic today helping with the animals and trying to divert the water. The guys were even in a meeting pouring water out of their wellies so that they could go back out and help with their animals."

Transcribed from: https://audioboom.com/posts/7507007...pitalreports-on-flooding-as-stormdennisuk-clo

That was my thinking too. I’ve seen a lot of comments on social media complaining about the park being closed and not getting the benefit of Feb half term.
You can’t blame the park for the amount of rain we had the past 2 weeks but the park will have lost lots of money. I would rather they reopened in March so they got 5 weeks to get the whole park ready for the main season.

Back