Serious Flooding at Drayton Manor

Was gonna go but got a few things to do during the morning then going the pub to watch the final. The Dodgems wasn’t planned to be to the main season

Last edited:
^Thought I’d share this ‘News in Brief’ update from yesterday evening’s BBC Midlands Today on BBC One about how the park were preparing to reopen for this weekend. Whilst it’s only a short clip, it’s interesting to see some of the work the team at Drayton Manor did to remove the flood water. Glad to see it’s reopened today!

I was on park today, and it was so great to see that the park has made a good recovery following the devastation caused by Storm Dennis, it's a testament to Team Drayton and their devastation to the park - well done to the team at the park! The only rides closed today were the Dodgems, whose windows were covered by tarpaulin, I assume there is damage here, and Terrence's Driving School, which seemed to look normal. Considering how the water was covering the majority of the park, it's incredibly impressive that all rides have now been opened.

Firstly starting with the water levels, the lake water levels were low, and not up to the small river that drains into Excalibur, it's evident that the flow has been stopped from progressing downstream. Below are some images of the water levels on the lake and the run-through to Excalibur. Looking down into the brook in the Zoo, the water levels here are still higher than normally observed, and there is no water flowing down the usual waterfall, but from another location.

IMG_1642.jpg
IMG_1644.jpg
IMG_1630.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg

Looking at the shops, the Toy Shop and Sweet Shop were closed, and all windows frosted to stop people seeing the damage shown by the above video.

AE5DEC26-8A62-455D-908F-DA3690A963FF.jpeg

443124E4-CEF8-4320-8235-918929436861.jpeg

Safari Pizza and Pasta, as well as Mrs Kindley’s Tea Room, we’re closed due to the damage from the floods, which is sad to see. However alternative arrangements were available in the zoo next to Spencer’s Play Area.

It’s clear that the team at Drayton Manor have worked hard to get the park to the standard it is at, so a massive well done for that. I noticed that sandbags are around the park, but let’s hope the upcoming storm has no impact on the park.

Attachments

• 832FAA98-0122-4F2A-A6BC-934D5D43F508.jpeg
    832FAA98-0122-4F2A-A6BC-934D5D43F508.jpeg
    7.5 MB · Views: 237
how Busy was the park today?
There looked to be quite a few guests on the park today, which is great to see! The park wasn't too busy, but wasn't quiet - quite a nice level.

It looked like the flood has done some damage to the flooring around the park, which has all been patched up.

Back