Serious Flooding at Drayton Manor

That was my thinking too. I’ve seen a lot of comments on social media complaining about the park being closed and not getting the benefit of Feb half term.

I understand the complaints of the public but they have to understand that it is not safe for them to be in the park.
If they opened the park in this state i'm sure they would be less impressed and start complaining about safety.

It's better for the park to wait until the environment is safe before guests return to the park.

I know i'm definitely going to try and make an effort to visit a few times this year.

I haven't seen any pictures of Thomas Land, is it seriously in a wreck due to the flood? I didn't realise it reached that far in the park. I know Drayton confirmed Thomas & Friends Exhibition was affected by the flood.

Reactions: Dan
I haven't seen any pictures of Thomas Land, is it seriously in a wreck due to the flood? I didn't realise it reached that far in the park. I know Drayton confirmed Thomas & Friends Exhibition was affected by the flood.
772E1D86-2B28-41D6-B012-23C53B8B149F.jpeg

I would rather see the arcade go and replaced with a big Drayton Manor shop, Bigger guest services and a bigger area to handle season/annual pass sales for the 1st month of the pass as 2 tills ain’t enough at the start of the season.

I was disgusted about how negative some members of the public were being towards the park, the rainfall and water levels are completely beyond their control - I'm sure they didn't want to close if they didn't have to. I would rather them take the time to recover properly, and ensure safety rather than think of the money and open, well done to Drayton on that.

I imagine, as you say, the arcade is completely ruined, looking at the pictures above it doesn't look good (a shame again as it was relatively newly refurbished if I remember right), and those machines won't be cheap to replace. I imagine it earns the park a fair amount of money though, so I think it will return.

I was disgusted about how negative some members of the public were being towards the park, the rainfall and water levels are completely beyond their control - I'm sure they didn't want to close if they didn't have to. I would rather them take the time to recover properly, and ensure safety rather than think of the money and open, well done to Drayton on that.

I imagine, as you say, the arcade is completely ruined, looking at the pictures above it doesn't look good (a shame again as it was relatively newly refurbished if I remember right), and those machines won't be cheap to replace. I imagine it earns the park a fair amount of money though, so I think it will return.
I know the arcade is run by hub lesiure do they own the machines as well?

The park more likely lease the machines as they have new machines in there every year. I would like to see the penny arcade go into the stormforce 10 arcade building as its wasted at the farm end.

The park more likely lease the machines as they have new machines in there every year. I would like to see the penny arcade go into the stormforce 10 arcade building as its wasted at the farm end.
I think the only problem with moving it into the main park is you may get the idiotic teenagers who visit in the summer wrecking the machines, being slightly out of the way in the zoo means only really families use them.

Edit: Not implying all teenagers are vandals. Just some of the not so pleasant visitors that damage and graffiti things and jump queues.

The park may have to start planning in terms of the park's architecture and infrastructure for the possibility of this becoming the norm with more floods similar to this and the frequency to which they may happen in the next few years. Agree with the above posts about the negativity of the some people towards closing the park, Drayton are damned if they do or damned if they don't on anything they do at the moment!

I wonder if the castle of dreams building was flooded also? The park should just cancel the Thomas and friends weekenders and make sure the park ready for its main season.

Back