West Midlands Safari Park

I don't have it but I think it's worth it if you will visit both parks enough times throughout the year to make up the extra cost. Are ride wristbands included in this pass or do you still have to pay extra?
We have platinum so wrists bands are included plus the Halloween and Christmas event at Drayton. I believe this year the grotto is included but I could be mistaken about this. You also get 20 percent of in all food and retail shops and a hotel discount for dmp. The food and retail discount applies at both parks and free parking too. Also at dmp it recognises your license plate of the car so you don’t have to press any buttons.

It’s lovely. So many photo opportunities and not many rides. Wmsp has heavy focus on animals. There is a bird house you can walk through where the birds are free to land on your hair or jackets etc. you can walk though the dark to see bats. The sea lion show is amazing and you have opportunities to feed penguins in the day. The food is good but can be expensive. You have the option to pay for ride tokens or you can go for a wrist band which gives you unlimited rides. It is a lot of walking especially up and down hill to get back to the cars but there are plenty of toilets within reach. Throughout the year they have different characters to interact with. I’d recommend doing it if you get
The chance. Here are a few photos from our last visit.
I should go some day.

We have platinum so wrists bands are included plus the Halloween and Christmas event at Drayton. I believe this year the grotto is included but I could be mistaken about this. You also get 20 percent of in all food and retail shops and a hotel discount for dmp. The food and retail discount applies at both parks and free parking too. Also at dmp it recognises your license plate of the car so you don’t have to press any buttons.
Definitely worth the extra bit of money for all them added bonuses.

I do think they should offer a 1 off 50% discount for Gold members to visit the Safari park and Pleasure Wood hills.
As I only go to Drayton Manor on afternoons it wouldn’t be worth me buying the Platinum pass but would go to the Safari just to visit the animals.

We've got the platinum pass and my kids love the park and rides at the Safari Park, we've actually been there more times than Drayton recently due to proximity. Hoping Looping will update/refurb/replace a few rides in the future at the Safari Park, but they are currently, and rightly so, concentrating on the animal experiences.

I'll be goign for the Platinum pass when my present pass does if the finances hold up!!

I'm not overly fussed on the Safari section itself, but the animal exhibits themselves are really good. The rides are a bonus and as everyone seems to go and do the safari first they are quite empty first thing up which suits me just fine.

We are much closer to DMR so WMSP will be the weekend / day out place and DMR will become the pop in place I reckon.

Hoping Looping will update/refurb/replace a few rides
I believe the only new ride added in the last few years is a something called 'Dino Dashers' which is a ride that is like a jeep that bounces up and down whilst spinning. This was added due to the removal of 'Shark Island', which was themed to the movie Shark Tale (?) and you had to shoot the little sharks with your water gun, whilst also spinning. (I learnt all this from Shawn's new vlog)
maxresdefault (4).jpg

WMSP have announced their Halloween event for this year, albeit a bit late...
We visited during Halloween. Had a good day.

The spooky trail invovled getting a card from mad scientist, some clues and then self stamping (imprint) your card at the locations. Little lad enjoyed it and we returned to the scientists lab to get our sweetie reward.

There was also a silly science show with Mitzy the Monster. Quite in the style of a Rory show but very energetic and visual. Little lad was a bit disappointed not to get to be one of the volunteers that helped in the experiments but was happy with the squishy toy that he got after I won the best grown up dancer award (It helps to have no sense of shame).

We didn't actually bother with the safari park aspects. Doing the exhibitions and rides. The sealion show was really good.

The rides were less than comfortable though...the monkey mayhem - bleargh. And the other aging coaster comes with a rapid stop that lifts you right out of the seat! Love the log flume though. Just a really fun ride and we went round 6 times without getting off.

One other thing which may be of consideration to DMR, kids love a helter skelter. Every where there has been one the kids will go up and up those steps all day if you let them.

Venom at WMSP is an incredible experience when I went, the boosted drop is very powerful and the height is deceptive. On the rhino coaster me and myy friend were both heard to utter "Bloody Hell" as we were equally unprepared for the forcefulness of the brakes. :ROFLMAO:

Venom at WMSP is an incredible experience when I went, the boosted drop is very powerful and the height is deceptive. On the rhino coaster me and myy friend were both heard to utter "Bloody Hell" as we were equally unprepared for the forcefulness of the brakes. :ROFLMAO:
No one is ever prepared for those brakes :D
The guy warned us to brace last time

It's a classic ride for me though - one of my first coasters (along with MonkeyMayhem(Twister) and the apple coaster)

Disappointed that their light trail didn't return this year - it was really nice last year. I loved it

No one is ever prepared for those brakes :D
The guy warned us to brace last time

It's a classic ride for me though - one of my first coasters (along with MonkeyMayhem(Twister) and the apple coaster)

Disappointed that their light trail didn't return this year - it was really nice last year. I loved it
I wonder if it will be used on the Magicial express train instead as that has got to be good for £5 each at Drayton Manor.

I wonder if it will be used on the Magicial express train instead as that has got to be good for £5 each at Drayton Manor.
I don't think so :) The lightwalk at WMSP used a lot of lanterns of animal / dinosaur and other themes.
I think the Magical Express will be entirely different (maybe more in the fairy light style in comparison)

Really surprised it didn't return this year - I know the company that did Alton Towers' one went bust but WMSP wasn't using them .

So making use of our Platinum passes we made a visit today to the Safari Park. The rides and safari were closed but many of the animal exhibits were open and there were two of the festiive activites on.

We made good use of the 4 or so hours we were there and in the quieter atmosphere it allowed us to take a more leisurely approach.

The bats were more lots active in their cave than when we last went. The hippos weren't active but were on full show and noisy!

We ate in the dino diner, decent value much like the Safari pizza and pasta at DMR but with some addred specific kids meals (nugs/chips/beans etc). In here the animatronic dinosaurs sang some christmas songs and told jokes. Kinda neat. Little lad loved it.

Now the add-ons. At the penguin talk we had the opportunity to pay £1.50 to get 3 spratts to feed to the penguins....and a seagull if you chose to throw it some distance!! The penguins knew what was coming and so it was a real experience for the little ones.

There was also a virtual sleigh ride. This cost £4 per person and we booked it at the same time as pre-booking our platinum entry. Well, it was brilliant. The sleigh visited London, New York and even the international space station. It was fantastic. Would love to see something like this at DMR next christmas.

Then we went on the ice rink. Situated near the car park this was £8.50 per person. I have never been skating...I'm not really built for it either. But although it was for an hour most disappeared before then, maybe to try and beat the traffic. The only thing that sticks in the craw is that when you book in advance it tells you that stability aids (I've seen penguins elsewhere but these were whales) are available. And indeed they are. At a fiver a go. Wowzers. When there is the option of purchasing most things in advance the fact that this was kept hidden I thought was pretty shoddy.

But it shouldn't distract from a good day out, and the little lad didn't care about this extra cost bit...that's just me being a bit of Scrooge to keep in with the festive theme.

So making use of our Platinum passes we made a visit today to the Safari Park. The rides and safari were closed but many of the animal exhibits were open and there were two of the festiive activites on.

We made good use of the 4 or so hours we were there and in the quieter atmosphere it allowed us to take a more leisurely approach.

The bats were more lots active in their cave than when we last went. The hippos weren't active but were on full show and noisy!

We ate in the dino diner, decent value much like the Safari pizza and pasta at DMR but with some addred specific kids meals (nugs/chips/beans etc). In here the animatronic dinosaurs sang some christmas songs and told jokes. Kinda neat. Little lad loved it.

Now the add-ons. At the penguin talk we had the opportunity to pay £1.50 to get 3 spratts to feed to the penguins....and a seagull if you chose to throw it some distance!! The penguins knew what was coming and so it was a real experience for the little ones.

There was also a virtual sleigh ride. This cost £4 per person and we booked it at the same time as pre-booking our platinum entry. Well, it was brilliant. The sleigh visited London, New York and even the international space station. It was fantastic. Would love to see something like this at DMR next christmas.

Then we went on the ice rink. Situated near the car park this was £8.50 per person. I have never been skating...I'm not really built for it either. But although it was for an hour most disappeared before then, maybe to try and beat the traffic. The only thing that sticks in the craw is that when you book in advance it tells you that stability aids (I've seen penguins elsewhere but these were whales) are available. And indeed they are. At a fiver a go. Wowzers. When there is the option of purchasing most things in advance the fact that this was kept hidden I thought was pretty shoddy.

But it shouldn't distract from a good day out, and the little lad didn't care about this extra cost bit...that's just me being a bit of Scrooge to keep in with the festive theme.
Glad you had a good time. I saw on their Twitter the ice skating was staying open for a few days in January, it leaves on the 7th I think?

I think it's nice that they had an ice skating option :) something a bit different to the Drayton Christmas offering so a bit different for platinum passholders.

Nice that you could visit both parks and have different experiences over the festive season

I think it's nice that they had an ice skating option :) something a bit different to the Drayton Christmas offering so a bit different for platinum passholders.

Nice that you could visit both parks and have different experiences over the festive season
It would have been easy for Looping to just get 1 company to do everything in both parks but the fact there are different offerings at either one is nice.

I do really think the looping group really need to decide what’s best for both parks. Like when we went to the Safari Park in April 2022 with our free visit I really enjoyed the animals but the theme park except for a big tidy up and repaint has really had nothing new in 10 years but they spent loads on the lodges and the Safari/enclosures where on the other hand at Drayton they spent millions on just doing the theme park up ( not including the new rides) but bare minimum at the zoo and farm area.

I do really think the looping group really need to decide what’s best for both parks. Like when we went to the Safari Park in April 2022 with our free visit I really enjoyed the animals but the theme park except for a big tidy up and repaint has really had nothing new in 10 years but they spent loads on the lodges and the Safari/enclosures where on the other hand at Drayton they spent millions on just doing the theme park up ( not including the new rides) but bare minimum at the zoo and farm area.
I believe something new is coming soon to the adventure park side of WMSP but I don't know what.
Sure something is penned for construction on the map when I was there last year.

Personally, a Nebulaz would fit the space nicely from what I saw.

Back