West Midlands Safari Park

I believe something new is coming soon to the adventure park side of WMSP but I don't know what.
Sure something is penned for construction on the map when I was there last year.

Personally, a Nebulaz would fit the space nicely from what I saw.

That's been there a while, I believe it just relates to Dino Dashers. They could definitely fit a Nebulaz on the old Shark Island site though, although that's still just been filled in with shrubs etc.

That's been there a while, I believe it just relates to Dino Dashers. They could definitely fit a Nebulaz on the old Shark Island site though, although that's still just been filled in with shrubs etc.
Maybe - the sticker is ontop of the old shark island site though...
Maybe we will see them do something with it - would be nice to see them get another ride there.

I'm holding out for a nebulaz - they already have a mini disk-o so.

I do really think the looping group really need to decide what’s best for both parks. Like when we went to the Safari Park in April 2022 with our free visit I really enjoyed the animals but the theme park except for a big tidy up and repaint has really had nothing new in 10 years but they spent loads on the lodges and the Safari/enclosures where on the other hand at Drayton they spent millions on just doing the theme park up ( not including the new rides) but bare minimum at the zoo and farm area.
Drayton is definitely their main focus and honestly it makes sense. I don’t think it matters how many new rides Safari gets, it will simply never be as popular as Drayton.

This is due to many factors - the main one being the price of a ticket compared to DM and the other how small WMSP’s park is compared to DM.

New for 2024:

Cheetah viewpoint
Jungle Jeeps (Presumably a new ride)
Explorers Play Park (addition or replace Boj)
Jungle jeeps... sounds like a retheme for an existing ride (As they have those cars that go around the little circuit?)

bye bye Boj I think for sure. That agreement probably came to an end (shame, Boj is cute)

If two of those are re-themes (which I agree is likely), I think they've over-egged the new for 2024 if 2 out of 3 aren't new :rolleyes:

The play park I believed is on the car park by the toilets.

And the jeep thing I think is going where shark island was
I’ve also heard that the rapids ride are down for the majority of the season as well.

Boj is off the website from what I can see - bye Boj (they looked cute) - Wonder what they will do there if they are doing a second playarea by the carpark (its a good spot over there too - so many little ones bursting with energy after getting out of the drive thru) about time they make those food stands more permanent too.

They also put a new Marmoset exhibit in recently by the looks of it.

If the jeeps are going on the shark island spot, I hope its not another "cars going in circles" style thing as they have two that already do that.
As long as its not a pay-to-drive ride, it should be fine though! (don't like those little pay-car things)

The park has revealed information on the all new Explorers Play Park (Bye bye Boj!)
---

Our first exciting new update is about our new Explorers' Play Park: a refreshed playground for young adventurers!

Families with little explorers will be delighted by the revamped Explorers' Play Park, set to open its doors in spring this year!

With upgraded features and exciting new characters, this playground promises endless hours of fun for the youngest members of the family

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1706206922653.jpg
    FB_IMG_1706206922653.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 31
Confirmed - Boj land is no more.
They promised new additions and renovations and there’s literally temporary fencing around a damaged component in the marketing pic

Jungle Jeeps is a brand new ride then, similar to that at Chessington by the looks of it, but self drive!

looks fairly big .. there isn’t a lot of space for it…
However, the rapids are closed for 2024 so maybe?

Apparently they are getting rid of the rapids in favour of a jungle jeep ride ? Gutted that it’s loosing such a good rapids. On a hot day it definitely made the difference but this is more in line with what the park is aimed for.

Attachments

• CC41FFFF-849C-4FE7-AB87-A50AB9D3110C.png
    CC41FFFF-849C-4FE7-AB87-A50AB9D3110C.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 41
Back