West Midlands Safari Park

Apparently they are getting rid of the rapids in favour of a jungle jeep ride ? Gutted that it’s loosing such a good rapids. On a hot day it definitely made the difference but this is more in line with what the park is aimed for.
Sorry... but who thought that was a good idea?! The rapids was great for all ages and now it will be replaced with a ride which is pretty much just a replica of one the park already has? I get this is fitting their demographic but like... did we actually need this in replacement of the rapids?

Sorry... but who thought that was a good idea?! The rapids was great for all ages and now it will be replaced with a ride which is pretty much just a replica of one the park already has? I get this is fitting their demographic but like... did we actually need this in replacement of the rapids?
I’m gutted about the rapids as it packed quite a punch , I’d argue you’d got more wet than storm force at least I did. Somehow I always manage to stay fairly dry on storm force. The rapids was a good opener for children and a good family ride to enjoy but I did notice it was using a weight system.

I’m gutted about the rapids as it packed quite a punch , I’d argue you’d got more wet than storm force at least I did. Somehow I always manage to stay fairly dry on storm force. The rapids was a good opener for children and a good family ride to enjoy but I did notice it was using a weight system.
I think on the Rapids it really depends on your luck (or unluckiness) for how wet you get. I bet a few people got a bit offended when they were told they were too heavy to go on...

At least the jeeps arent pay-per-drive

Really would be a loss if the rapids are removed, I always found it quite enjoyable and a step in the right direction as it suited more guests...
Adding the jeeps feels like an odd choice when the Desert Convoy is less than 5 minutes walk away and does a very similar thing...

A number of parks have removed their water rides in recent years, notably Alton Towers removing the flume, Loggers leap at Thorpe Park and now WMSP. Then water ride was added in Thomasland plus one at Paultons Park this year. Think it is a shame but cost of running water rides is high due to staff needed so wonder if that is the reason for the removal. To be fair, if I go to WMSP I go for the safari park as the adventure park is not great and I don't think its worthwhile paying for compared to other parks, particularly being a passholder at the Manor.

I never understood why they moved the rapids to the place it is now as it use to be here years ago.
C59B17F4-3C56-4483-A276-749A4305DAC0.png

I’m surprised that it reopened after the accident in 2020.

I never understood why they moved the rapids to the place it is now as it use to be here years ago.
View attachment 5485
I’m surprised that it reopened after the accident in 2020.
It had to move after the park cut down protected trees in order to install it there - went to court and everything. Was even debated in the House of Commons.
Source: used to work there

Been honest it did look tacky with its travel look and its flashing lights. Been a safari park the new ride will fit the theme better. Just need to get rid of the awful ghost train next and theme the pirate ship.

Been honest it did look tacky with its travel look and its flashing lights. Been a safari park the new ride will fit the theme better. Just need to get rid of the awful ghost train next and theme the pirate ship.
And the rhino trains those trains are awful even the staff struggle to open the restraints.

And the rhino trains those trains are awful even the staff struggle to open the restraints.
There was talk when I worked there that Vekoma couldn’t alter the restraint without an entire new train so it got shelved. Wasn’t an engineer though was just park whispers so who knows

Removing the Rapids, thats unfortunate for sure :( Shame really...

The "ghost train" definitely needs something... Thats just hilariously bad unfortunately.

Rhino is a classic but has always been a bit of a problem both in restraints and that really sharp brake run >.>

I do like how a lot of the rides are animal themed at the park at least :)

Back