2023: General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilko

So great to be back!

Have had another great year visiting, and the kids are very excited for the fast-approaching Magical Christmas!

A sour end to the main season though with Apocalypse going, really think they should have done everything to keep it.

Moving on to 2023 then and documents suggest a new replacement vehicle to an existing ride, a new children's ride and various zoo projects. What is everyone hoping for? I feel the zoo is defiantly in need of a bit of TLC, so that's good news. As for the children's ride, I really hope it's not the Zamperla teacups that were originally coming before covid. It's just too similar to things like Diesel and I don't think Thomas Land needs another spinning ride. Would much rather see a Happy Swing or Mini Wheel on that sight to offer kids something a little different. As for the replacement vehicle, not got a clue what that could be!

Really great to be back. Quite a lot has happened at Drayton since the forums closed so lots to catch up on!

Such a shame about Apocalypse departing. I was and still am really against the decision to get rid. I understand the whole area is marked for future development but I think they could have easily worked around Apocalypse. The footprint was really small, they could have built a new coaster around it without much hassle.

Hopefully whatever is installed in it's place will make up for the loss.

Absolutely amazing to be back in drayton talk again

so i was thinking Last year we got our first teaser for vikings around christmas/ new year so could this be the case for what ever is coming for 2023 and what do we all think it is

Absolutely amazing to be back in drayton talk again

so i was thinking Last year we got our first teaser for vikings around christmas/ new year so could this be the case for what ever is coming for 2023 and what do we all think it is
I think there is going to be a massive building site around apocalypse, pandemonium test track, the old fish and chip shop and the toilet block. I suspect all the buildings there will be levelled for whatever is coming in 2024.

I also suspect that we will finally see a ride in Thomas land where terrance used to be.

Wow I wasn’t expecting to get an email saying this place was running again. Fantastic, great little forum this used to be.

I’m hoping that Apocalypse’s removal doesn’t turn out to be a huge mistake, and that what ever they replace it with is something great and worthwhile. I’m thinking it might be some kind of family thrill coaster. I’d love for them to build the UK’s first RMC but that is me dreaming more than anything, I don’t actually think that will happen! It’s more likely to be something from Vekoma or Intamin, possibly even Gerstlaur. Maybe a launched coaster of some kind.

The replacement ride trains could be for Shockwave? I can’t think what else they could be for. I hope they keep the stand up element as it is a very unique selling point on a coaster that has an average and very short layout.

Agree about the amount of spinning rides in Thomas Land, I don’t think they need anymore of those. I’d like to see them put something different in that area.

Last edited:
I think there is going to be a massive building site around apocalypse, pandemonium test track, the old fish and chip shop and the toilet block. I suspect all the buildings there will be levelled for whatever is coming in 2024.

I also suspect that we will finally see a ride in Thomas land where terrance used to be.
I would assume a new flat ride would go in the vacant location in Thomas Land. I designed a mock-up of what a teacups could look like in this location.
D62C097A-FD8F-43DE-8142-345989F84150.jpeg
DE57F45C-8328-4C87-B601-386D0E6828CE.png
341E645B-739D-4FDC-B7B2-77CF7A0FD0D1.jpeg
78A30462-F0D8-4E97-A08A-A9E6C185E745.jpeg

Wow I wasn’t expecting to get an email saying this place was running again. Fantastic, great little forum this used to be.

I’m hoping that Apocalypse’s removal doesn’t turn out to be a huge mistake, and that what ever they replace it with is something great and worthwhile. I’m thinking it might be some kind of family thrill coaster. I’d love for them to build the UK’s first RMC but that is me dreaming more than anything, I don’t actually think that will happen! It’s more likely to be something from Vekoma or Intamin, possibly even Gerstlaur. Maybe a launched coaster of some kind.

The replacement ride trains could be for Shockwave? I can’t think what else they could be for. I hope they keep the stand up element as it is a very unique selling point on a coaster that has an average and very short layout.

Agree about the amount of spinning rides in Thomas Land, I don’t think they need anymore of those. I’d like to see them put something different in that area.
Welcome back!

Last edited:
I also heard that they could built in this area and remove the band stand and fake station building and put James back where he use to be.View attachment 3298
I don’t see why they would choose to use this site though as it would require them to remove all the scenery and that scenery also creates a divide between the park and the outside world. Additionally, the old Tereance site alre has some basic infrastructure so it would make sense for a new addition to be installed there for 2023?

I wonder if some of the dinosaurs from West Midlands Safari park are gonna make their way over to Drayton Manor and the safari park can expand there own animal exhibits

yeah I wondered about the old Dinosaur Land building, I'd have thought some new attraction could go in that building and what is it used for now?

Long before I became a regular visitor to Drayton Manor I was a regular visitor to the Imperial in Walsall.

In there there were several giant dinosaur models. It was rumoured that the biggest, a diplodocus that went the entire length of the building with a head and neck reaching into the gallery area (the building had previously been a cinema, theatre and bingo hall,) was sold to DMP. Same story was that it was actually paper mache and the whole thing dissolved on a low loader when transported in the rain.

Is this a Black Country Myth?

Long before I became a regular visitor to Drayton Manor I was a regular visitor to the Imperial in Walsall.

In there there were several giant dinosaur models. It was rumoured that the biggest, a diplodocus that went the entire length of the building with a head and neck reaching into the gallery area (the building had previously been a cinema, theatre and bingo hall,) was sold to DMP. Same story was that it was actually paper mache and the whole thing dissolved on a low loader when transported in the rain.

Is this a Black Country Myth?
Not sure but speaking to the zoo staff in 2021 the looping group wanted to extend the reptile house into the former dinosaur land indoor building and add an Aquarium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back