2023: General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one have any photos or maps of the old dinosaur land ? I don’t remember this at all. I remember the old robinsons battle shoot out but outside of that I have no recollection. It would be awesome to see the park before it was how it is now.

Looking at old maps it looks like Dinosaurland closed in 2009, surprised they havan't reused that building for something else or why did they close Dinosaurland and create Dinotrail in the first place over just leaving the bigger version where it was?

Now I know wikipedia is not reliable, but someone has updated this. so maybe something has changed? Sundown adventureland is theme park in Nottingham.

Terence's Adventure2023Sundown AdventurelandA tractor ride. Relocated in 2023 back to the Sodor Airport taking over from Terence's Driving School.
So essentially Sodor Classic Cars again? I can't see that being correct, or at least I hope not. Maybe I'm putting 2 and 2 together by looking at the tractor ride on their website and getting 5!

So essentially Sodor Classic Cars again? I can't see that being correct, or at least I hope not. Maybe I'm putting 2 and 2 together by looking at the tractor ride on their website and getting 5!
I totally agree, doesn't make sense and not sure it will appeal to many

I was jumping to the same conclusion. I did notice though that they did have two things which may make more sense. One was a Terence equivalent but with safari vehicles - which I think was an issue last year following the flooding.

The second was the ostrich ride - which ok is a slepinir clone - but would at least fit the location.

I was jumping to the same conclusion. I did notice though that they did have two things which may make more sense. One was a Terence equivalent but with safari vehicles - which I think was an issue last year following the flooding.

The second was the ostrich ride - which ok is a slepinir clone - but would at least fit the location.
Putting on my Sherlock hat, I noticed that the person who made that addition also changed the name of DMR to Drayton Manor Theme Park on the list of UK Theme Parks page on wiki. And I can't see that happening with all the money spent on the rebranding.

I wondering if they brought Terences driving school back into Thomas land as it rarely gets a queue in the farm area. It could go back where it use to go as it’s currently just unused land.

Do you know why they moved it in the first place? Always been an odd place for it, many times I've been over on the train with my daughter, only for it not to be open.

It was seemingly closed more often than it was open last year. I think that the vehicles didn't fare too well when there was the flood at that end of the park.

I think something must be planned for up there, we've seen the removal of the small animals and the goats. There were only a small number of trains running round the exhibition too.

Do you know why they moved it in the first place? Always been an odd place for it, many times I've been over on the train with my daughter, only for it not to be open.
I think they moved it in the first place because of the fact that it would fit in to that area as it was named "farmer mcolls farm"
1674244656445.png

It certainly was a strange farm with dinosaurs and exotic animals:LOL:

Saw a tweet from Drayton Talk mentioning rumours of a water ride coming to Thomas Land. I must have missed this? What have people heard?

Saw a tweet from Drayton Talk mentioning rumours of a water ride coming to Thomas Land. I must have missed this? What have people heard?
Interesting, given they already have a splash battle type ride and the fire engines, I'm wondering what other type of water ride they could fit in the space they have.

Interesting, given they already have a splash battle type ride and the fire engines, I'm wondering what other type of water ride they could fit in the space they have.

This popped up on youtube. I'd be surprised personally for a log flume in Thomasland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back