New Rollercoaster for 2024

Perhaps it might be a forwards or backwards coaster, where riders choose what will happen? Does seem a bit complex for a family ride though

Perhaps it might be a forwards or backwards coaster, where riders choose what will happen? Does seem a bit complex for a family ride though
Seems a bit unlikely with Accelerator next door doing the same forward/backwards thing ^^'

Paid a visit after school today. Plenty of work going on on site and just off it as well. Peered in from the front car of accelerator.

Whats the board view...are we sharing info on this or are we a "no spoilers" site?

Happy for you to share images & info but don't share photos that are invasive of workers privacy or break park rules (e.g on ride photography and no drones please.)
And try not to share the same image / update 100 times :) (Reduces spam / storage usage)

Last edited:
I didn't take any pics, as detailed the biggest view in I had was from the front car of accelerator.

Anyway what I noticed was:

1. Just how big the site was, there was works going on all the way to the top of that hill on the right hand side as you look up from accelerator.
2. The building at the top of the hill (is it the toilet block) had been "cladded" with wooden pannelling and this was being worked on (painting? Varnishing? nailing?)
3. Works are going on across the site building up the topography.

Seems a bit unlikely with Accelerator next door doing the same forward/backwards thing ^^'
I wouldn’t rule it out. With Accelerator, minus climbing the lift hill, you spend roughly 15 seconds forwards and then 15 seconds backwards every single time.

If this coaster has a system like Fury at Bobbejaaland though, where riders vote on forwards or backwards on a turntable and then go through a minute-long ride either entirely forwards or entirely backwards, I’d argue that’s a justifiably different experience to Accelerator.

Yes it shares similarities to Accelerator but I’d argue it’s not so similar to the point where it doesn’t make sense.

I wouldn’t rule it out. With Accelerator, minus climbing the lift hill, you spend roughly 15 seconds forwards and then 15 seconds backwards every single time.

If this coaster has a system like Fury at Bobbejaaland though, where riders vote on forwards or backwards on a turntable and then go through a minute-long ride either entirely forwards or entirely backwards, I’d argue that’s a justifiably different experience to Accelerator.

Yes it shares similarities to Accelerator but I’d argue it’s not so similar to the point where it doesn’t make sense.
The video on intamins yourube of lift and luach coasters does highlight that the last cart can be backwards.

I was considering getting a drone up, specifically in the winter. I am a licenced A2 COFC drone operator, part of that verification is showing competence in the law surround drone and UAS operations.

Despite what signs may say in Drayton Manor themselves, they are only applicable to someone trying to fly a drone from within Drayton Manor Resort grounds. They do not apply to someone taking the vehicle off from outside the perimeter of DMR resort and flying the drone over, in the air. Because DMR do not own the air above the park. Furthermore, as long as the drone meets specific weight and size requirements, it is perfectly legal to fly it over a crowd of people (something I do not do personally, but it is legal.

I've done my due diligence as required in order to stay a qualified drone operator because I would never do anything that could cause me to loose my licence. So when I say it is perfectly legal to fly a drone over Drayton Manor with no repercussions from the park or the authorities, I mean it. Therefor I will be getting the old lady up in the air over closed season to get the low down on this new coaster. If the rules here say I cannot post it, fair enough, even if the park really did not want me to fly over in order to keep it a surprise, fair enough too, I would adhere out of respect.

But unless that happens and they do not request they want to try keep it under wraps, I will be exercising my legal right as a member of this country to fly my drone in a safe manor in airspace that is controlled by NATS, over Drayton Manor Park :)

I was considering getting a drone up, specifically in the winter. I am a licenced A2 COFC drone operator, part of that verification is showing competence in the law surround drone and UAS operations.

Despite what signs may say in Drayton Manor themselves, they are only applicable to someone trying to fly a drone from within Drayton Manor Resort grounds. They do not apply to someone taking the vehicle off from outside the perimeter of DMR resort and flying the drone over, in the air. Because DMR do not own the air above the park. Furthermore, as long as the drone meets specific weight and size requirements, it is perfectly legal to fly it over a crowd of people (something I do not do personally, but it is legal.

I've done my due diligence as required in order to stay a qualified drone operator because I would never do anything that could cause me to loose my licence. So when I say it is perfectly legal to fly a drone over Drayton Manor with no repercussions from the park or the authorities, I mean it. Therefor I will be getting the old lady up in the air over closed season to get the low down on this new coaster. If the rules here say I cannot post it, fair enough, even if the park really did not want me to fly over in order to keep it a surprise, fair enough too, I would adhere out of respect.

But unless that happens and they do not request they want to try keep it under wraps, I will be exercising my legal right as a member of this country to fly my drone in a safe manor in airspace that is controlled by NATS, over Drayton Manor Park :)
I’m glad your someone sensible that checks things before they actually do them. I guarantee that a lot of people would just fly a drone over DM from within their grounds, and then complain when action was taken against them.

I would personally love to see some drone shots of the coaster over the closed season, as long as, like you said, they are ok to be posted here.

Back