New Annual Pass Classifcations

I've just had an email relating to annual passes. Apparently there will now be three classifications of annual pass, as an existing holder I will be automatically shifted to Gold. Which seems to be the same as what I have now except that I get 20% off at outlets which is something I've banged on about for a while.

There is a platinum option which does appear to include access to the safari park and wristband area there. Which is something I will seriously consider.

You do apparently have to now book your visits though, although you can do so up to the morning of the day in question. I'll have to see how this works in practice as we quite liked just popping in when passing for a bit after school etc.

Will digest more later but just thoght it was worht starting a thread

text of the email

Hey Passholders,

We hope you are looking forward to visiting the resort again in 2023. We've missed you!

Last week, we announced a whole host of brand new events to give even more reasons to visit the resort this year, and as loyal annual pass holders you can visit all of them with no additional charges!

We also have more zoo days in the calendar than ever before meaning you get even more value from your current annual passes.

This morning, we announced a new structure to our annual passes - giving the best possible value when visiting the resort multiple times across a 12 month period.

We are introducing 3 tiers of passes to choose from which will suit more guests depending on when you want to visit and where.

As a current annual pass holder you will automatically be given the new Gold Pass benefits - plus a renewal discount of 10% off to either the Platinum, Gold or Silver Pass. You’ll get this renewal rate as long as you have an annual pass - meaning you’ll always get the best pass price.

For the 2023 season we are asking passholders to reserve your entry into the park.

This is to ensure we deliver the very best days out possible for all our guests, including you, our passholders. Everybody who visits the resort will be required to pre-book.

You will be able to reserve on the morning of your visit to enable you the flexibility of still deciding to visit when you want to, something we know is important to you.

The booking process is now live and we ask that you reserve your visits in date order – starting with your first visit this year. You have one reservation at a time per pass until that visit is complete, then you can reserve your next visit. You can pre-book your visit on our new Passholder Hub.

We'll still guarantee you entry subject to the standard terms and conditions of your pass.

All details are now live and can be found here: www.draytonmanor.co.uk/tickets/annual-pass/

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort very soon.

Thanks,
Drayton Manor Resort​

Beat me to it on starting a thread :) !
I'm considering getting the Gold pass as I don't really go to the Safari park very often (Went the other month so still have a free return from them to use :) )

Passholder Reservation is becoming a more popular thing with annual pass systems, as long as the booking system is nice and easy to use and you can get the days you want, I don't see much of an issue with them.
Discounts on food/drink and free car parking are always welcome too of course so great to see those.

I'm slightly confused, does it mean I can have 1 pre-booking (in the future) at a time, but I can also pre-book on the morning of any day if I want to? or can I still only have 1 booking at any time, so if I book in the future I can't go until that date?

Also who on earth is going to buy silver who owns a car? without free parking you'll make up the difference to a gold pass in no time!

We are seriously considering going platinum due to having a 6 year old . I think it’s the right age to take him as now he will be curious about the animals but is also able to do the rides where as before when we used to go, it was very rare he would be able to do a ride.

I'm slightly confused, does it mean I can have 1 pre-booking (in the future) at a time, but I can also pre-book on the morning of any day if I want to? or can I still only have 1 booking at any time, so if I book in the future I can't go until that date?

Also who on earth is going to buy silver who owns a car? without free parking you'll make up the difference to a gold pass in no time!
I think they've unknowingly contradicted themselves on that part...
2 - 3 prebook slots makes more sense on that but with one I don't think its possible to do it. Unless you "Cancel" then re-book your on the day slot.
I think they need to clarify it a bit more as I agree, it doesn't make much sense.

I read it that you can only pre-book one event and that you had to do it by the morning of attendance.

I am guessing that this is all because they want to know how many tickets they can sell on any particular day. However as some detail it could be a real faff. I know that I will be going on 17th Feb. But I am not able to book that because I might go this weekend.

What happens if you book and then don't go? During Covid at the leisure centre you were issued a yellow card in this circumstance.

All that being said, I think these are a really positive move.

I presume the main attraction is that park can advertise they do an annual pass for less than £90!! Although it may be worth it if you are planning on going just once as a group.

I read it that you can only pre-book one event and that you had to do it by the morning of attendance.

I am guessing that this is all because they want to know how many tickets they can sell on any particular day. However as some detail it could be a real faff. I know that I will be going on 17th Feb. But I am not able to book that because I might go this weekend.

What happens if you book and then don't go? During Covid at the leisure centre you were issued a yellow card in this circumstance.

All that being said, I think these are a really positive move.
Thanks, I might email them to get clarity on this as we know we want to go Feb half term but often will just go for an afternoon unplanned. I'll post an update if/when I get a response.

Spoke to Guest Services today, had to pop in as I had to press for a ticket to get into the car park.

I asked about being able to upgrade to Platinum, and this isn't an option.

Can't help but feeling a bit disappointed by this, I know that being a previous season pass holder that became an annual pass holder that there will be many who have the same kind of renewal date which is after the main season. Didn't moan about the Black Friday deals that were being offered or anything like that, and here we are looking to actually spend extra money!! Just think they've missed a trick here.

Anyhoo, staff were delightful and there were no issues relating to the barrier on leaving the park.

It’s a shame we can’t just pay the difference , our passes run out in April so we are going to have to think about whether or not it would be best to do gold or platinum. I wanted to do platinum as it would be perfect for the summer holidays alone.

I've just had an email that says we can pay the difference. It's an extra £66 for each ticket and the expiry date doesn't change.

Fair play to DMR for enabling this.

Does anyone know how to cancel a reservation? I booked to go the park on Sunday but with the weather at the moment and it’s supposed to rain all day I rather go another week instead.

I don't I'm afraid. I'm planning on popping down tomorrow but am still a little unsure. If I do book it in I'll try and cancel it and let you know before booking again!!

Hi, I haven't tried to complete a cancellation but this is how I reckon its done.

in Wallett on the app there are the two tickets under "Upcoming Visits"

Clicking on this brings up the barcode screen for entry.

Under this there is "options" and the first is "Ticket information".

Tapping that brings up an option to "remove this ticket". I think thats what you need to do, but I've not tried in case it jiggers up my visit today!!

935C2FDC-9988-4D42-A55D-FED75BF7A30F.jpeg

A bit disappointed today when I asked about renewing passes. This was the initial release which to me shows a Platinum pass as being FREE for a 3 year old.

This isn’t the case as it’s £175 across the board for Platinum (before discount).

Will be sticking to Gold, but must say I was gutted when I noticed all of the brochures etc had changed. Just thought I’d bring it up in case anyone else was thinking the same as me.

Obviously this does make sense as nobody would have bought a Silver/Gold pass over a better version for free, but I thought there may have been something else behind it, such as having to buy an adult pass as well etc. Never mind.

Last edited:
Back