Thomas and Percy's Submarine Splash

I feel like they should put buffers to prevent James from coming out the fence haha. Keeping in theme and all that. I can understand it being blocked off , it wasn’t safe at all and if a child missteps , that could be a big injury and lawsuit waiting to happen.
I don't get why he can't move back to his original spot or they add the stairs Back to him in his current spot

I don't get why he can't move back to his original spot or they add the stairs Back to him in his current spot
Moving him will be a lot of unnecessary work at the moment

The stairs would be good
However a lot of the risk wasn't around the side, it was the front where a lot of children were climbing.

I would assume the decision was made to fence him off after tonnes of children were climbing the front of him. I saw about 7 children all over the face section during a visit the other week and it wouldn't end nicely if one fell.

They may have plans , I’d imagine they have plans for every inch of Thomas land as they will need to optimise the area. They may want to keep the previous area free for easier access to the troublesome trucks track as everywhere else is built up quite extensively as they have had to make Thomas land compact to fit everything in.

They put a protected covering over the walls
20DCF573-85C4-429D-A259-7585159CDB2F.jpeg
E0D81C5B-93A4-4A4A-9F71-E99D630311A9.jpeg

They also added 3D trees on the scenes
39BFA05D-529B-4809-9D7E-E33442F63F4D.jpeg
11C16B6C-83A9-489A-862B-95439E589F7E.jpeg
68EABED0-D851-4345-A20A-038EB4A66151.jpeg

I’m glad that the park are actively thinking and acting on how to improve the rides surroundings. On the flip side , I do feel a little disappointed as it’s felt to me that they rushed to open the area long before it was ready to open but that being said , it’s now starting to come together. It’s not the best log flume but the theming is what makes it for us. Such a special little ride.

I’m glad that the park are actively thinking and acting on how to improve the rides surroundings. On the flip side , I do feel a little disappointed as it’s felt to me that they rushed to open the area long before it was ready to open but that being said , it’s now starting to come together. It’s not the best log flume but the theming is what makes it for us. Such a special little ride.
I agree that the ride was 100% rushed so it could open during 15 Years of Thomas Land, albeit at the end. You can tell because they are still upgrading and adding new bits to the ride even months after it has opened.

Even on opening day in the morning they were still painting the queue line as guests were getting paint on their clothes. It was chaos how they 1st operated the ride but now when we joined it was by the 30 min marker but cause no one was waiting by the Easy assistance gate we were on within 15-20 mins.

This is actually kind of disappointing this means that there may not be further development into that area…
Not necessarily. Grass is probably the easiest thing to grow (rather than weeds) so it wouldn’t be far fetched for them to just build over it for any future developments.

Back