Summer Event: Summer Nights

I went on Saturday. Great to have a pretty full line-up open late. Some Thomas land rides were shut by 7pm though.

The live band were being well received, and park stayed busy which was good to see.
I think having just a dj didn’t help to keep the visitors in the park as we left at half 6 and most rides after 5 were walk on.

I think having just a dj didn’t help to keep the visitors in the park as we left at half 6 and most rides after 5 were walk on.
Honestly, if there's a DJ, I couldn't care less. I'm sure some people will listen/dance to it but I came to a theme park to go on rides, if I wanted music I would go to a nightclub instead.

Fun fact. The DJ is the same one who has been at all the other events this season :)

Resident Drayton DJ for the season. Great to see that the park have invited him back for multiple events.

Small selection of photos from today when I went to the park for a short unplanned visit!

Some new decorations added by the arrival of Summer Nights, our resident DJ returns and some Summer Nights merchandise!

Attachments

• PXL_20230723_153806888.jpg
    PXL_20230723_153806888.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20230723_142546978.jpg
    PXL_20230723_142546978.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20230723_124426717.jpg
    PXL_20230723_124426717.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20230723_135134966.jpg
    PXL_20230723_135134966.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20230723_135140271.jpg
    PXL_20230723_135140271.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 80
Really feel sorry for the park with the poor weather as the start of the school holidays and there was hardly anyone there. The DJ was playing some classic tunes but there was no one around the stage.

Really feel sorry for the park with the poor weather as the start of the school holidays and there was hardly anyone there. The DJ was playing some classic tunes but there was no one around the stage.
Weather today was awful earlier glad I stuck around til it cleared as we got to see the DJ and Rory (love Rory!)

Do agree it's a shame that the DJ almost never seems to have anyone around the stage when his sets are on. I've seen him across a few events and it's almost always the same.

I think on paper the event is awful but having rides open to 9pm on a Saturday and 8pm on a Sunday is the main draw to the park
I agree , I know it’s marketed as summer nights but I feel like they should have a little more going on especially for families who have young children that can’t stay the whole open day. I feel like the park could have had much more going on in the day for this core group other than a slushy and doughnut.

Like the other events they had live entertainment during the day time and with the long queues you had at least something to entertain the kids/family. Except the same show they do all the time in Thomas land and Rory party dances there isn’t nothing on offer and kids don’t want to stand there and listen to a Dj.

Like the other events they had live entertainment during the day time and with the long queues you had at least something to entertain the kids/family. Except the same show they do all the time in Thomas land and Rory party dances there isn’t nothing on offer and kids don’t want to stand there and listen to a Dj.
The tiny circus has been about on some days. Not seen them myself mind you

The tiny circus has been about on some days. Not seen them myself mind you
I can appreciate the park trying something new but it’s seems to be an after thought. I’ve seen some night clubs with more theming in themed nights that what Drayton have put in but I’m hoping they will take notes and improve for next year. I do know that some of the entertainment staff from the park only work weekends as they also work training other entertainers for different companies.

Back